Thank you to all cruise critic members---wrap around!

mprucha

After recently sailing on the Miracle, we immediately booked this ship again for next May. We had a cate 11 in the middle of the ship and loved it and rebooked a cabin in the same vicinity. There were 3 aft wrap around cate 11's available but my DH was skeptical about the movement but after alllllllllllllllllllll the comments from so many cruise critic members, we've SWITCHED our cabin to one of the cate 11 aft wrap around cabins (8273)!

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR TIPS TO CONVINCE HIM!!!

we've SWITCHED our cabin to one of the cate 11 aft wrap around cabins (8273)!

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR TIPS TO CONVINCE HIM!!!

Oh!!! That's the same cabin that we had on the Miracle. Oh I want to be there again. You're going to LOVE LOVE LOVE that balcony. The bathroom is to die for as well and you get a separate area to sit and do the hair/makeup thing. It's a great cabin. Enjoy!!!

Kim:D :D :D

A room steward told us that the cabins at the back are furnished with deep sea fishing gear and you can troll while the ship is sailing and if you catch any fish it would be served at dinner with a invite to sit at the captain's table.

Also if you catch the biggest fish you get your next cruise free.

Have any of you ever caught anything by doing this?

A room steward told us that the cabins at the back are furnished with deep sea fishing gear and you can troll while the ship is sailing and if you catch any fish it would be served at dinner with a invite to sit at the captain's table.

I WISH!!!!!

Done it several times. I caught a 30 foot Great White Shark on the Victory, right off the beach at Coney Island when we were leaving on our Canada cruise two years ago.

However, they didn't give me a free cruise - but I did get a $10 OBC and an autographed photo of Kathie Lee Gifford. I couldn't sit with the Captain because he was in the brig for drinking on duty, but the Maitre'd wandered over to our table and gave me an envelope with some kind of recognition award in it. Unfortunately, I lost the envelope and never found out what it was.

On our Alaska cruise, I caught two seals that were served up sushi style for the midnight buffet with warm chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream (the real stuff, not soft serve.) The room steward set up a outdoor firepit on our extended balcony and brought up some hickory branches so we could smoke some of the seal meat to bring home. Unfortunately, they wouldn't give me any ingredients to make smores - I grabbed some marshmellows & grahm crackers from the Lido buffet, but no way I was going to pay two bucks for a hershey bar in the gift shop!

The guy in the cabin next to mine caught a Bald-headed eagle that grabbed at his bait while casting. It was quite a sight, the panicked bird ramming into all the balconies, knocking over smuggled beer cans and alchohol bottles. They wouldn't cook it for him though, because it's the national bird, which I understood completely - that would be very unpatriotic. He gave it to a little kid that was in the cabin on the other side, because his father had no luck fishing at all. His parents were very appreciative.

What was funny - and I hope I don't offend anyone by telling this story, while cocking back my arm to cast, I slipped and my hook went flying UP to the Lido Deck. When I tugged it down, it was stuck to a man's toupe! We all had a good laugh, although I'm sure the gentleman didn't think it was funny. We contacted the CD and eventually hooked up with the guy and bought him a few drinks and had a great laugh about it.

Most people are just Happy on a Fun ship!

I hope that Carnival starts a Galapagos island itinerary soon, as I am looking forward to fishing for some endangered species down there....

One caveat - you are only allowed to fish from the aft balconies on the Upper deck, as they are close to the water. It wouldn't be fair to the other passengers if you were trying to reel in a shark and accidentally dumped it onto their balcony while they were sunbathing.

The higher balconies, I'm told, support kite flying and skeet shooting, but I haven't had the opportunity to cruise in one.

Cheers!

That's pretty funny...the only thing to be caught back there is the occasional thing that may blow or fall down from the Lido deck. Oh, and the fantastic view of course!:D

Has anyone ever caught crabs on the back decks ?:eek:

Done it several times. I caught a 30 foot Great White Shark on the Victory, right off the beach at Coney Island when we were leaving on our Canada cruise two years ago.

However, they didn't give me a free cruise - but I did get a $10 OBC and an autographed photo of Kathie Lee Gifford. I couldn't sit with the Captain because he was in the brig for drinking on duty, but the Maitre'd wandered over to our table and gave me an envelope with some kind of recognition award in it. Unfortunately, I lost the envelope and never found out what it was.

On our Alaska cruise, I caught two seals that were served up sushi style for the midnight buffet with warm chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream (the real stuff, not soft serve.) The room steward set up a outdoor firepit on our extended balcony and brought up some hickory branches so we could smoke some of the seal meat to bring home. Unfortunately, they wouldn't give me any ingredients to make smores - I grabbed some marshmellows & grahm crackers from the Lido buffet, but no way I was going to pay two bucks for a hershey bar in the gift shop!

The guy in the cabin next to mine caught a Bald-headed eagle that grabbed at his bait while casting. It was quite a sight, the panicked bird ramming into all the balconies, knocking over smuggled beer cans and alchohol bottles. They wouldn't cook it for him though, because it's the national bird, which I understood completely - that would be very unpatriotic. He gave it to a little kid that was in the cabin on the other side, because his father had no luck fishing at all. His parents were very appreciative.

What was funny - and I hope I don't offend anyone by telling this story, while cocking back my arm to cast, I slipped and my hook went flying UP to the Lido Deck. When I tugged it down, it was stuck to a man's toupe! We all had a good laugh, although I'm sure the gentleman didn't think it was funny. We contacted the CD and eventually hooked up with the guy and bought him a few drinks and had a great laugh about it.

Most people are just Happy on a Fun ship!

I hope that Carnival starts a Galapagos island itinerary soon, as I am looking forward to fishing for some endangered species down there....

One caveat - you are only allowed to fish from the aft balconies on the Upper deck, as they are close to the water. It wouldn't be fair to the other passengers if you were trying to reel in a shark and accidentally dumped it onto their balcony while they were sunbathing.

The higher balconies, I'm told, support kite flying and skeet shooting, but I haven't had the opportunity to cruise in one.

Cheers!

That is fantastic. Has anyone else ever had any experiences like that? Keep them comming.

KAWS, that's great!! I'm glad to hear from someone who had that exact cabin!! Any chance you have pictures of it you could send me?? anne@prucha.com

We're really excited about it!

I sent you some pics to your email address Anne.

Kim

HEY mprucha,

We'll be in Cabin 8273 in couple of weeks on the Miracle! I'll try to post some pics when we get back. I am SO ready to go..........need a vacation in the worst way!:p

THAT'S GREAT!! Thank you!! Also, THANK YOU KAWS for the pictures you sent me!!

Archived