Rays, Reef, Rum Pointe tour: timing re 3:30 last tender??

emd1

i checked with cruise calendar and the day i'm in these are the ships......

2 midsize carnival ships (2000 passengers each)

brilliance (my ship)

ocean village (have no idea)

does this sound like another crazy day in grand cayman?

That's not too bad of a crowd. There is plenty of real-estate on GC to handle a lot more people than that.

Hi Cheryl,

First, thanks for sending me the below concerns. It truly demonstrates your commitment to us. I sincerely thank you for your assistance and support.

Next, please rest assured that you have nothing to be concerned about. We are aware that some people have been nervous about the arrival time back to the cruise ship pier. To put everyone at ease, we have already incorporated changes that have resulted in this tour getting back to the cruise ship pier, 35-45 minutes earlier.

Specifically, we have (1) reduced the boat travel time to each location (we have slightly increased the boat speed so that you arrive at each location 5-10 minutes earlier) and (2) we are strictly monitoring the amount of time spent at Rum Point (you will spend 1.5 hours at Rum Point, instead of the 1 hour and 45 minutes, allowed in the past by the crew). Where possible, we are also starting the tour a little earlier. These changes have been successfully implemented over the past few weeks and everyone has been arriving at the cruise ship pier, without concern. Many have had enough remaining time to shop.

I do not anticipate any problems at all, with your return time. Since you are the first to book for December 24, I will be happy to start the tour at 8:45 AM Eastern Time. This will insure that you will get back even earlier. I guarantee that you will return to the cruise ship pier, long before you need to be.

Best Regards,

Sharon Ebanks

Hi Cheryl,

First, thanks for sending me the below concerns. It truly demonstrates your commitment to us. I sincerely thank you for your assistance and support.

Next, please rest assured that you have nothing to be concerned about. We are aware that some people have been nervous about the arrival time back to the cruise ship pier. To put everyone at ease, we have already incorporated changes that have resulted in this tour getting back to the cruise ship pier, 35-45 minutes earlier.

Specifically, we have (1) reduced the boat travel time to each location (we have slightly increased the boat speed so that you arrive at each location 5-10 minutes earlier) and (2) we are strictly monitoring the amount of time spent at Rum Point (you will spend 1.5 hours at Rum Point, instead of the 1 hour and 45 minutes, allowed in the past by the crew). Where possible, we are also starting the tour a little earlier. These changes have been successfully implemented over the past few weeks and everyone has been arriving at the cruise ship pier, without concern. Many have had enough remaining time to shop.

I do not anticipate any problems at all, with your return time. Since you are the first to book for December 24, I will be happy to start the tour at 8:45 AM Eastern Time. This will insure that you will get back even earlier. I guarantee that you will return to the cruise ship pier, long before you need to be.

Best Regards,

Sharon Ebanks

I do not think we should be concerned about missing the last tender, there is a change with Native Way. This is a letter I just received from Sharon last night:

Hi Ken,

I am completely amazed by the sudden onset of concern about the arrival times back to the cruise ship pier for the RRR tour. We have been offering this tour for the past four years and the arrival times back to the pier have been about the same. NO ONE TAKING A NATIVE WAY TOUR HAS EVER MISSED THEIR CRUISE SHIP. We are completely aware of the cruise ship schedules (more than any other operator) and have successfully worked in accordance with ship arrival, departure, and tendering activity.

To ease everyone’s mind, we have recently implemented changes that have resulted in the tours arriving back to the pier, 35-45 minutes earlier. I will be happy to change the start time from 8:15 to 8 AM Central Time (this is 9 AM ship time). This will get you back to the pier long before you need to be, guaranteed. I cannot start earlier than 8 AM Central Time because people from Carnival Conquest will have difficulty catching the tour.

Please do not worry. Again, we guarantee you will get back to the cruise ship at a time that works for you.

Sharon Ebanks

I could of sworn I had a post with this but couldn't find it.

• 3 weeks later...

We'll be arriving on the Conquest and our ship time is the same as Island time. We arrive at 7:00 am. and will tender in. The people that have booked excursions with the ship will be able to get off first. Does anyone have any idea if I would be able to do this if they move the time to 8:00 am.?

We were just on the Conquest last week were booked with Nativeway for this tour. We were able to make the 8:15am meeting time and were back to the ship no later than 1:45. That was plenty of time to have a few margaritas at Margaritaville while watching the horrendous line to tendor back to the ship.

We loved our tour with Nativeway and would book again in a heart beat. It was the highlight of our trip.

I have just booked the Rays, Reef and Rum point tour, fingers crossed, Sharon told me that we will be picked up at 8:15am and returns at 1:30pm, we will be on the Carnival Conquest that also leaves at 4pm. I have been to Cayman on land based vacation and both places are beautiful 7 mile and Rum Point, But I wanted to see Rum point again as its unique with its hammocks and shade.

I hope she is right, I thought our problem might be getting off the ship in time with it being a tender port.

She gave us that as Central Time, will our ship be on that as well??? its coming from Texas which is central time as well???

Now you all have me nervous! I booked this excursion just the other day. We will be on the Carnival Liberty (EST I assume?) and are schedule to be in Grand Cayman from 8:30 to 4:30 according to the Carnival website. I assume that is in EST as well. Is that correct?

This is what Sharon emailed me.

The tour departs the pier at 10 AM Eastern Time and completes at around 3:15 PM Eastern Time.

I think we should be OK. What do you all think?

Wee did the tour June 26, and all went exactly as planned. Even with it raining on the way back and traffic a mess, we had plenty of time to go to Tortoga and do a little shopping. Sharron stated no one has ever missed a ship, she changed some things to get us all back a little earlier, now everyone needs to quit worrying!;)

Go on this tour, it is great and you will love it! Tell Sheldon his little captain in the rain (Q) says "hi". My 9 year old boy thought he was the greatest.

Now you all have me nervous! I booked this excursion just the other day. We will be on the Carnival Liberty (EST I assume?) and are schedule to be in Grand Cayman from 8:30 to 4:30 according to the Carnival website. I assume that is in EST as well. Is that correct?

This is what Sharon emailed me.

I think we should be OK. What do you all think?

I have an excursion booked through Carnival (Liberty also) that returns at 3:30. Even if my excursion runs late, the ship won't leave. I don't think you will have a problem. There will probably be a line for the tenders anyway.

Enjoy your cruise.

we just got back from there..

here's a portion from my review..

Cayman's-

we booked our tour with NativeWay and we got off the boat early..I think we we off on like the second tender..btw..there's not much open being the one hour time difference...did a little sightseeing and heading back to were you get dropped off by the tenders...meet up with fellow CC's who were doing the same tour...NativeWay was fantastic...we had Sheldon and I think Lionel was the driver...and we did the Ray,Reef and RumPoint tour...went out to the Rays were all the other boats are..we were away from the cruise tours..put it this way we had like 16 people on our boat so the guys were very hands on...not like the ship tours...

after that we went to snorkle and insted of going to coral gardens which were the ship takes us too ..the guys took us to were the locals go ..so it was just our boat...not too bad just 16 of us snorkling all by ourselves..after that we headed over to rumpoint..they took our food order and the food was ready by the time we got there..food was delicious..we had like 2 hours to relax or do what we like there...a great way to highlight the day...after that we heading back to get to the tender..btw..I know there were people who were nervous about this tour being too long and rushing back to get to the last tender..just to assure you we had 25 minutes to the last tender time and the line was about 20 minute wait ..so there was plenty of time..on our bus ride back we had sharron the owner of Nativeway and she said people were over-reacting about this and she assured us that no one as missed the boat yet...kudos to her and her workers..highly reccomended

What time (local) did you folks meet with Nativeway. Our info says 8:45 local time (9:45 ship time) Does this sound correct? Thanks - we will be there August 8th. Jan

Yep, that was it I believe. We went on the tour on 7/17 and absolutely loved it. We didn't have ANY trouble getting back onboard with time to spare either, so I would not let that stress you out. This is a very professional company and they know what a negative effect even one person missing the ship would have on their company.

I am getting absolutely NO response from this company to any of my emails for reservations. :(

Lisichka, I know that when I was booking I could not get through using my personal Excite account...but had no problem using my work account(:o). I think others have posted similar type issues.

Just didn't want you to think that this is a fly-by-night kinda company as they really are a class act and give a great value for the money.

Does this tour always do the Stingray portion first? I heard if you don't, it is very crowded.

Thanks!

Ours did and thank goodness because, as you mentioned, it did get quite more crowded afterwards...although I will say that NativeWay was a bit away from everyone else which made it nice. I bet that they always do this part of the tour first, as we went snorkeling right near Rum Point and then on to lunch at Rum Point so it would be backtracking to do the snorkeling first.

Do you get about on this tour by boat or bus?

Can anyone tell me please how long it takes to get back from Rum point.

Also do you pay in advance? was wondering if so what happens if your ship has to change ports?

TIA

Nikki. x

You are taken by van to the boat that takes you out to the Reef, to the snorkeling, to Rum Point and then back to the van.

I can't tell you how long we were on the boat getting back from Rum Point, but it was about a 15-20 minute bus ride once we got back.

We did not pay in advance but I had to provide a credit card # as security. We did not actually pay for our excursion until it was over (there is a 4% surcharge for paying by credit card so we just made sure we had the cash with us).

I asked the question about the port change and was told that, if the ship does not pull in (for whatever reason), there is no charge to your card.

Archived