Explorer Of The Seas ?'s

Hey everyone,

we are thinking of taking our second cruise to Bermuda. We would leave from Cape Liberty Cruise Port, New Jersey.We recently got of Royal Caribbeans SOS, so we were thinking of going with Explorer Of The Seas next. When is the cheapest time to book this cruise?We would like to travel around May or Sep, but we do not want to go during school vacation or spring break.I see prices for May 4th,Sep 8th & Sap 20th 08 inside 599pp and ocean view 749pp now.We do not mind a inside room at all.I was wonder will prices most likely drop to 550pp or less?If I book with these prices do I have till 60 days before we cruise to get a discount price?For our first cruise we booked close to sailing, so I am also wondering if I book now can I still cancel if need be 60 days before sailing too?

Thanks so much for your reply.So many of you helped us plan our first cruise and we loved every minute of it (thanks).We can't wait for all of you to help us plan this next cruise.

Check www.rccl.com. I know their cancellation policy is posted there. I think if you cancel more than 75 days before your cruise there's no penalty. But I'm not at all positive about that, so check Royal Caribbean's website.

Also, if you book early and the price drops you can get a discount for the price difference, so booking early is always good!

Thanks Darci,

I belive it was before 60 days for our last cruise on SOS, I was just wondering if it was the same when you book a year in advance.I was not sure if they just said 60 days because we were so close to cruising.I will check the site and ask the pvp I talk to when I call. Have a great time on 5th Anniversary on Explorer of the Seas.Please post and let us know if you liked it.

we did the 5 day to Bermuda last year in Sept, school was in session so very few (30) kids on board. The weather was magnificent.

The monies can all be refunded up to final payment time, which for the 5 day I think was 60 days though it might be 70 and I am not having luck getting on the website right now.

click on the link in my signature for pictures of the cruise and the Explorer we loved the ship, and Bermuda

I just booked it 2 days ago..Explorer of the Seas..5 days-Bermuda for Sept. 2008..Spoke with RC directly..Final payment is July 2008 and I have until then to cancel. I know its very early but it will be our 20th anniversary and thought it would be a great fathers day/birthday gift for hubby. We were just on Voyager easter break with the kids and had a blast. Now we have this to look forward to (although he doesn't know yet!)

I think the best time of the year to cruise is May. No mass amount of kids on board and the weather is not boiling hot in the caribbean. September is a great month to cruise as well but you are also taking the risk of cruising right in the heart of hurricane season. I've also noticed in the past that there are always cheap rates the first week or two in September just after Labor Day.

Remember, Bermuda is at the same latitude as North Carolina, so in terms of temperature use that as your guide.

Also, if a Tropical Storm or Hurricane gets in the way of the NJ to Bermuda route, you'll be going north to Nova Scotia, Canada so bring warm clothes (been there, done that, bought the fleece-lined hooded sweatshirt).

Ron

Archived