Vision of the Seas aft balcony .... HELP

Has anyone stayed in an aft balcony on VOS..

on deck 7 in particular...

is it worth it ?

any pics ?

we are trying to decide if we want to try RCCL.. and from the deck plans it looks like the balconies on an aft cabin are rather big...

any info id appreciate.

thank you

melissa

The aft balcony cabins on the Vision are very large. Half of them are covered and half are esposed to the sun, so you have the best of both worlds (privacy and sun).

The Vision is a very nice ship with a great crew. You shouldn't be disappointed in making her your first RCI experience.

The aft balconies are huge (as opposed to "rather big" ;))

I have photos of corner aft 8088 on Rhapsody (sister ship to Vision with the same deck plans) linked in my sig. The corner afts on these two ships actually wrap-around to the side of the ship. The middle afts are still huge but the corner afts are the best, especially on these two ships.

The aft balconies are actually larger on deck 7 (D1's) than deck 8 (JS's) because they are deeper.

You can't go wrong with an aft balcony on either deck on Vision, IMO.

ETA: Oh, yeah, and the view is incredible! Check out the links in my sig of Radiance corner aft 1100 and Splendour corner aft D1 7126 for a couple of aft view shots.

The aft balconies are huge (as opposed to "rather big" ;))

I have photos of corner aft 8088 on Rhapsody (sister ship to Vision with the same deck plans) linked in my sig. The corner afts on these two ships actually wrap-around to the side of the ship. The middle afts are still huge but the corner afts are the best, especially on these two ships.

The aft balconies are actually larger on deck 7 (D1's) than deck 8 (JS's) because they are deeper.

You can't go wrong with an aft balcony on either deck on Vision, IMO.

ETA: Oh, yeah, and the view is incredible! Check out the links in my sig of Radiance corner aft 1100 and Splendour corner aft D1 7126 for a couple of aft view shots.

thanks so much for the info... are the aft ( not the corner ones ) are they in your pics also ???????

and how do i know if its covered or sunny???? another posted stated..

I just want to make sure i book the right one ... i was looking at 7152 7154 7156 7158 7660 7658 7656 7654 7652

thank you all

melissa

and does anyone have a shot of the aft section of the VOS... just so i can look from that perspective...????

i tried to google some shots, but nothing ...

I want to suprise my husband and book this cruise with a great balcony, thats why im hunting for info,, i sound like a 1st time cruiser ... :D

We will be in 7652 in a couple weeks on the Vision. We stayed in that cabin last year on our trip out of LA. We loved it! The balcony was huge and part of it was sunny and part of it was shade. (It is the corner aft). You can't go wrong with a cabin there.

We will be in 7652 in a couple weeks on the Vision. We stayed in that cabin last year on our trip out of LA. We loved it! The balcony was huge and part of it was sunny and part of it was shade. (It is the corner aft). You can't go wrong with a cabin there.

thank you for the info,, do you have any pics of it at all ???

i might have to look into that one...

take care

Melissa

I just stayed in 7152 on the Rhapsody. It is very comparable to Aprille's pictures of her aft 8088 on the Rhapsody - just not quite as wide (maybe by a couple of feet). It was wonderful - like having a private sun deck. The sun/shade factor, of course, depends on the time of day. Go for it or 7562!

and does anyone have a shot of the aft section of the VOS... just so i can look from that perspective...????

Now that I think about it, does VOS mean Vision of the Seas or Voyager of the Seas?

Here is another photo of the back of the Vision. I also have photos of the back of the Voyager ...

DSCN1281.jpg

DO IT DO IT DO IT! (Book the aft, that is;) ) We had an aft JS this past December on the Vision (deck 8) and are booked in and aft balcony on deck 7 for next March. It was sheer heaven!

The balconies have a table, three regular chairs and two lounge chairs. (At least ours did.) I would order room service most every morning have have my coffee on the balcony while watching dolphins jumping in the wake. We did the Mexican Riviera run. In the afternoon, it was a glass of wine, a cheese plate and a siesta in those lounge chairs.

While the view is great from the corner afts, I think you will get more wind on them. The center ones are shielded from the wind. Only if you got right up to the rail was it windy. On our last two sea days headed north, it was very windy and rough, bad enough to close the pools. People really couldn't even lie out on the upper decks. Since our balcony was wind protected, I just laid out and relaxed in my own private heaven for those two days. I think I was the only one to get a tan on those days too! There is an overhang on about 1/2 to 2/3 of the balcony. So the sun shines on it towards the railing, and if you go back towards the door you are in shade. The best of both worlds!

• Like 1

Now that I think about it, does VOS mean Vision of the Seas or Voyager of the Seas?

Here is another photo of the back of the Vision. I also have photos of the back of the Voyager ...

DSCN1281.jpg

May I steal that? We'll be in the mid aft JS 8094 in October.

I was in 7156 and it was great. I had the same experience with the last day at sea...it was too windy and cold by the pool, but perfect on the balcony. Plenty of sun. I was on my lounger all day. You'll love it!

I'm at work now and I have access to this one which has the four Royal Family Suites outlined. If you want it without the outline I'll have to get it for you from my collection at home ...

Voyageraft.jpg