Vision of the Seas aft balcony .... HELP

• 8 months later...

We've been lucky in being able to book JS 8592 deck 8 on the Vision for Europe 2015 ....I have searched high and low and can't find any photos of the cabin ...in fact very few of VOS at all .

Can anyone post some photos or links on this or similar cabin please ...I'd really appreciate them .

We've been lucky in being able to book JS 8592 deck 8 on the Vision for Europe 2015 ....I have searched high and low and can't find any photos of the cabin ...in fact very few of VOS at all .

Can anyone post some photos or links on this or similar cabin please ...I'd really appreciate them .

Plenty of Vision pics here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1973232

This is 8588... same interior as yours.

corner-aftJS_zps5d5765a9.jpg

DSC04999_zps965ebeb8.jpg

DSC05003_zps36c3f753.jpg

• 5 months later...

When is your sailing?

We're on vision in May!

I was in 7156 and it was great. I had the same experience with the last day at sea...it was too windy and cold by the pool, but perfect on the balcony. Plenty of sun. I was on my lounger all day. You'll love it!

I was lucky enough to get 7156 as a balcony guaranty on Vision last month. Wonderful!

I had the aft corner balcony, deck 7, on the Vision winter before last. Best room I ever had. The balcony is amazing. Its like having a huge aft balcony combined with a normal size side balcony. Get one of the corners if you can.

• 7 months later...

We absolutely loved our sailing. Our cabin steward, the room, our ports, the most amazing fellow cruisers ever!!!

We went on Splendour after this sailing & had another AFT facing cabin, but in the middle & I preferred that one- only because we never used the deck chairs around the corner & there was a LOT of soot.

But as I said- amazing cruise!!!!!! 10/10

Hi we are in this cabin next summer. How was it. Hope you enjoyed your trip.

We absolutely loved our sailing. Our cabin steward, the room, our ports, the most amazing fellow cruisers ever!!!

We went on Splendour after this sailing & had another AFT facing cabin, but in the middle & I preferred that one- only because we never used the deck chairs around the corner & there was a LOT of soot.

But as I said- amazing cruise!!!!!! 10/10

Glad you loved it. Can't wait for our trip next summer.

and does anyone have a shot of the aft section of the VOS... just so i can look from that perspective...????

i tried to google some shots, but nothing ...

I want to suprise my husband and book this cruise with a great balcony, thats why im hunting for info,, i sound like a 1st time cruiser ... :D

We, too, are going on the Vision and have an aft balcony. Look on youtube! There are two great videos showing the entire cabin(s) as well as the balconies.

Have a great cruise!

Caren

We are in 7652 on Dec 26th. and it's wonderful to hear the positive comments. This will be the first time for a corner aft. If anyone has any other comments please let us all know that.

I stayed in 8588 right above 7652... you'll have the same view and roughly the same balcony size

DSC05357_zpsd6ed811f.jpg

DSC05360_zps25dabad3.jpg

DSC05290_zps8964806e.jpg

85881_zpsd478731d.jpg

85882_zps86f4ba8e.jpg

We are in 7652 on Dec 26th. and it's wonderful to hear the positive comments. This will be the first time for a corner aft. If anyone has any other comments please let us all know that.

And your view will be exactly the same....

8588sunset_zps91294610.jpg

DSC05288_zps7eb5b1b9.jpg

DSC05297_zpsc05d39a4.jpg

On the last photo above, you'll see your balcony under the protruding light. You can see that if you could look up, you will easily see me, so that last 2-3 feet closest to the railing is exposed to the sun.

This balcony is by far and away the best balcony I have ever experienced, these wrap arounds being one of a kind on Vision and Rhapsody. It certainly made an already excellent cruise all the more special that elevated this sailing easily into my top 5 ever.

Wishing you all the best and an awesome cruise! :D

Hoopster thanks so much for the pictures. I've seen some of the others that they have had for that cabin but this is wonderful from some of the different perspectives. Thanks for sharing them for everyone else too. It's always nice to have the visual picture available. So I take it you didn't have any noise issues/concerns around that cabin?

I can't wait for this cruise.

Hoopster thanks so much for the pictures. I've seen some of the others that they have had for that cabin but this is wonderful from some of the different perspectives. Thanks for sharing them for everyone else too. It's always nice to have the visual picture available. So I take it you didn't have any noise issues/concerns around that cabin?

I can't wait for this cruise.

You're welcome Droop. I can't speak for deck 7 as I was above on 8, but I didn't hear anything negative from those on 7. You'll be right above the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge (see pics below). The 2nd picture faces the back of the ship out the aft windows, basically right below where your balcony and cabin will be.

lounge1_zps97af1eff.jpg

lounge2_zpse5989366.jpg

Because Vision doesn't have the same azipod set-up as the newer ships, you will feel a ton of vibration when the ship is in port either moving sideways or spinning around. I loved this... you can really "feel" the ship a few seconds before she even starts moving. This is one of the few balcony/cabins I truly remember and have fond memories of.

It seems for the lounge anything booked quits no later than midnight. You might hear the crew party more than the lounge! I know the crew party seemed in full swing at 2am and you could faintly hear it on 8088, so from deck 7 might be a little more pronounced!

I second that you will know when the ship is docking. Please make sure that anything glass might be stored safe! I would watch stuff and see if it would get shaken off a shelf! There was no sleeping through docking the last am! I was glad not to be to hungover![emoji13] Enjoy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

That's good to know about the lounge issue. I've always been careful about what's above and below me when booking a cabin and I've only seen a couple of comments about the lounge. Someone else on one of the threads had mentioned about a little bit of noise from the lounge so I hope it's not too much of a problem.

Hoopster and Karen I love and appreciate the comments. CC is wonderful about letting people know the pros/cons of the cabins. The pictures do make a difference. The vibrations for the docking I guess could be our wake up call in case we have an excursion booked. :eek: :p Hopefully it's will not be too bad. It will also let us know when we can look out the window if we want to see something when we dock.

I'm still pretty excited about this cabin. :D