Gatwick to Rubens Hotel

My adult son and I will be arriving at Gatwick on 17 June, approximately 8:30am precruise. I've booked the Rubens, and am looking for a comparatively less expensive mode of transportation that will accomodate 4 bags (all less than 50 lbs) and 2 carry-ons (backpacks). I've looked at bus, train, and taxi info. My concerns are that if we take a bus or train, how close will it get us to the Rubens near Buckingham Palace, how many transfers would there be, and will we have enough room for all the luggage?

I know it's a stretch time-wise, but I would like to see the Changing of the Guard at the Palace if we have a chance of it. So much I want to see and so little time.

My concerns are that if we take a bus or train, how close will it get us to the Rubens near Buckingham Palace, how many transfers would there be, and will we have enough room for all the luggage?
If you take the Gatwick Express train to London Victoria, the hotel is about 200 yards from the front of the station. You can also get to Victoria by Southern Railways train, which is cheaper - but it may be more difficult to get on and off at Gatwick because the train does not stop for as long, and because that's primarily a commuter service whereas the Gatwick Express is designed for airline passengers.

Victoria coach station is about half a mile further away than the railway station.

If you take the Gatwick Express train to London Victoria, the hotel is about 200 yards from the front of the station. You can also get to Victoria by Southern Railways train, which is cheaper - but it may be more difficult to get on and off at Gatwick because the train does not stop for as long, and because that's primarily a commuter service whereas the Gatwick Express is designed for airline passengers.

Victoria coach station is about half a mile further away than the railway station.

Thanks for your reply. I will look closer at the Gatwick express train. :)

Archived