Towncar or Rental back to MCO?

Hi,

We will be sailing on the Mariner of the Seas on 9/9/07 out of Port Canaveral. Our flight home departs at 2:30 pm from MCO. Since the ship gets in so early on Sunday, would it be better to rent a car to drive back to the airport and kill some time? It seems like if we take a towncar, we will be at the airport very early. Not sure what the options are. Any suggestions would help. Thanks.

We have often rented a car and killed time. The disadvantage will be that you will either have to haul your luggage to and from the car rental location. If you have plenty of time to kill as it appears you do you could drop your spouse off at the airport with the luggage and then drop the car at the drop off facility.

I would probably go for the rental car.

Getting gas depends on who you rent your car from. If you rent it from an off site car rental there is a gas station close (7-11), most of the time the exit is Narcoossee Rd. When you rent from a place in the airport, take the other direction at the airport road. The get to the airport you go under the overpass then exit (south). All you need to do is take the exit north, before the over pass. This road is called Semeron Blvd, there should be a gas station close. Once you get gas take Semeron the other direction (south) and it will take you right in to the airport. Hope this help, any other questions feel free to ask.

Hi,

We will be sailing on the Mariner of the Seas on 9/9/07 out of Port Canaveral. Our flight home departs at 2:30 pm from MCO. Since the ship gets in so early on Sunday, would it be better to rent a car to drive back to the airport and kill some time? It seems like if we take a towncar, we will be at the airport very early. Not sure what the options are. Any suggestions would help. Thanks.

We rented a car from Thrifty in Port Canaveral. They have a shuttle that picks you up at the ship. That gives you time to drive around Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area or head back to Orlando area. The Thrifty by airport is off the same exit as the airport. There is a gas station right accross the street to fill up. Thrifty gets you out of the car, right onto a shuttle to the airport terminal. I found it to be very convenient. Even if you get to the airport early you can kill some time at all the park shops (Universal, Disney, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center).

I thought I read a tread the other day that said RCCL offers to take your luggage and send it straight to the airport for you for a charge of I think was around $15.00/person. We are sailing on the Mariner 8/12/07, and I plan on looking into that service as well as using the Avis rental for the day to site see the area without having to worry about all of the luggage for three people, just our carry-ons. Enjoy the time and take advantage the sercice. If I'm wrong on any of this someone please let me know!!!:eek:

Archived