Indian Food / International

Matlily

The Taste of the Nations buffet area on Lido during lunch will offer a different nationality theme each day. On the Legend back in February, one of those days was Indian and the food was good. Also, in the main dining room at dinner, several selections can have an ethnic flair - Asian, Mediterranean, etc. Not sure about the Lido dinner buffet since I never did it.

The Taste of the Nations buffet area on Lido during lunch will offer a different nationality theme each day. On the Legend back in February, one of those days was Indian and the food was good. Also, in the main dining room at dinner, several selections can have an ethnic flair - Asian, Mediterranean, etc. Not sure about the Lido dinner buffet since I never did it.

Thanks for the info, thought no one was going to reply!! I love all different foods and love spicy so thats why I was asking, love me a steak but after a week i would get pretty board of that.

I remembr the Indian and Thai offerings to be quite nice

Wow yum Thai is my favorite, I will be on the look out for this, is it just on the buffet in evenings as I think my friends want to do formal dining every night. Do they have it at lunchtime??

Thanks

Lunchtime will be your best opportunity for Asian foods on the Lido buffet - they have the "Asian Corner" section every single day with different offerings each day. So I think you'll be in good shape - and if you like spicy, just add some of the hot chili sauce at the end of the line. My wife added just a little to her Egg Drop Soup and I ended up eating it - blazing!

Namste, Kasie Ho?

There is a different theme each day in the grill area, that is really good....Taste of the Nations as one poster has already stated.

There were many Indian chefs aboard our Inspiration cruise. There was one continually in the deli who fixed a terrific Salmon bagel with cream cheese & onion if I may say so & the Matre D' in the dining room was also Indian. Needless to say I made it a point to try several Indian dishes. They were all great, but the cold Mango soup, it was very sour unlike what you would expect from mango.

The jambalaya was good to if you are just looking for spicy. It can be found on the Lido grill very often so check that out.

Shubh Ratri :D

On the Legend, I thought some of the Indian food was pretty good. They had the "Taste of Nations" every day for the lunch buffet -- Italian, Caribbean, Indian, Mexican, French (two days in a row, no idea why), American and Fruit. What nation "Fruit" is, is beyond me. :p Mexican is my favorite ethnic food ever, not so much on the Legend. ;)

The Indian food we had a couple of years ago on the Legend was outstanding.

Had it on other ships but for some reason on that cruise it was just so good.

There is an Indian restaurant hubby and I drive an hour to get to (that's how good it is) in our area, it was as good as that.

Maybe it'll be that good on the Conquest.

• 2 months later...
Carribbean day is good too, thats where you can try the Conch Fritters. :D

Fred

Thanks Fred, I have had them in Caymans before very tasty. I look forward to the National buffets, especially the Indian, Thai and Mexican food ones.

Wow! I wish I'd been on y'all's cruises. The Indian Taste of Nations food on my first Victory cruise was pretty bland. I was hoping for spicy! Haven't tried it since then. But since everyone else seems to have enjoyed it, I'll have to give it another try!:)

Archived