Sovereign of the Seas?

Hi,

We are currently working on booking a Feb. 2008 trip aboard Sovereign of the Seas to the Bahamas. Wondering about others - if you enjoyed the ship, good things, bad things... anything about it????? We sailed aboard the Enchantment 2 years ago and loved it and wonder how the two ships compare?????

THANKS!

We have been on the Sovereign 3 times, twice in a Junior Suite (JS). In my opinion, it's one of the better 3/4 day options out there. The ship recently was completely refurbished and all the public areas look great!

Not as many bells and whistles as the newer ships but still very good overall. Food was good and ship spotless. My only negative is the size of the standard cabins. Barely OK for 2, way too small for 3 or 4 people.

If you can swing as JS, go for it. Some sailings are much cheaper than others so shop around.

Lou

I love the Sovereign. It is in good condition and a very charming ship. I believe it might be a bit smaller than the Enchantment, but that shouldn't detour you from sailing on her. There is plenty to do on Sovereign.

SharkCruiser,

good to see you around.

Can't wait until Sunday!! :D

We have been on the Sovereign 3 times, twice in a Junior Suite (JS). In my opinion, it's one of the better 3/4 day options out there. The ship recently was completely refurbished and all the public areas look great!

Not as many bells and whistles as the newer ships but still very good overall. Food was good and ship spotless. My only negative is the size of the standard cabins. Barely OK for 2, way too small for 3 or 4 people.

If you can swing as JS, go for it. Some sailings are much cheaper than others so shop around.

Lou

Lou, I think you summed it up very well.

It is a great weekend getaway!

Just as a heads up, the rooms are VERY VERY tiny! So like Lou said, if you can afford a JS, I suggest doing so. Plus, it is an extra C&A credit!

Here is one of my favorite pictures of the Sovereign.

CIMG0558.jpg

Hi,

We are currently working on booking a Feb. 2008 trip aboard Sovereign of the Seas to the Bahamas. Wondering about others - if you enjoyed the ship, good things, bad things... anything about it????? We sailed aboard the Enchantment 2 years ago and loved it and wonder how the two ships compare?????

THANKS!

Hello! We loved the Sovereign! The service was wonderful, ship was emaculate! The only thing I would do different if we went on SOS again, I would book a larger room. It was our first cruise, so we just got an inside room. Since the ship is smaller than others the rooms are on the smaller side. I'll try to post some more of my pictures later, but here are a few! I don't really know anything about Enchantment to help you compare. We kept plenty busy on our 4 day cruise. Loved the day at Cococay, just hanging out on the beach and the ocean. My husband loved the BBQ. Our day in Nassau was fun, we had booked an excursion which included the SeaWorld Explorer and tour of Nassau. And of course the shopping! There was only one day at sea and they had plenty of activities available.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/558621677ngVQrd

SharkCruiser,

good to see you around.

Can't wait until Sunday!! :D

Lou, I think you summed it up very well.

It is a great weekend getaway!

Just as a heads up, the rooms are VERY VERY tiny! So like Lou said, if you can afford a JS, I suggest doing so. Plus, it is an extra C&A credit!

Here is one of my favorite pictures of the Sovereign.

CIMG0558.jpg

Thanks for the great picture. It is now sitting on my desktop to help me dream until we leave for Labor Day for our annual 3 day on Sovereign. :)

We go every year now for a 3 day on Sovereign and love it. It is a great little ship. Yes, the rooms are small and there are no safes or refrig, but you are only there 3 nights, so no big deal. Food/pool/staff/entertainment is all good as with any Royal ship. We really enjoy being on her and it gives us the nice Cruise Fix we need in the fall before we can take our big vacation in the spring. You will enjoy her. Have fun. We have only 3 short months to wait until Labor Day and Sovereign!!:) :)

Archived