Lipstick Poll

What are your thoughts about lipstick?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts about lipstick?

• I wear lipstick daily and feel naked without it
    • I only wear lipstick on a formal occasion to complete a fully made-up face
    • I usually just wear a gloss instead
    • I hate lipstick!

My 21 year old daughter wears lipstick frequently, not all the time. Her lips are beautiful with or without, I'm jealous. She wears bright red, pink, once in a while a neutral beige, she really changes it up every day.

I'm prejudice, of course, but she always looks so well put together. Her clothing is nothing like I would wear and vice versa. Very fashion forward and hair always cut artistically, I wish I could pull off some of her haircuts :p

I'm 32 and I wear lipstick every day. Back in high school, I would sometimes wear it, but not all the time. In my teens and through my 20s, I always wore gloss. It's only been the past few years that I switched to lipstick, and I typically wear neutrals, but I also put on bright pink every now and then. I love Revlon's Lipbutters; they feel so comfortable on. Mary Kay has some really awesome lipsticks too; they are long lasting and comfortable. Come to think of it, NYC has really good long wearing lipsticks too, and they are about $2 or $3!

If I'm ever feeling lazy and don't feel like doing my makeup, I at least make sure to curl my lashes, apply mascara and slap on some lipstick. Not that I think I'm old, but I feel that I'm at that age where I can't get away with having a naked face anymore (unless I'm doing something active like working out or swimming).

I'm 28 and typically only wear lipstick when I'm dressing up or want my makeup to be more dramatic. My lips naturally have color so I don't really need it. I'll use chapstick or lip gloss for daily wear just to keep my lips moist. I actually find that traditional lipstick can dry my lips out some.

Oh ladies under about 35 ... just wait a few years and you'll find that all that beautiful colour dissipates. :( I used to only wear a bit of lip balm and had really nice colour. Now I must wear lipstick or half my lip fades away ...

Age is really a b***ch, ain't it?

Oh ladies under about 35 ... just wait a few years and you'll find that all that beautiful colour dissipates. :( I used to only wear a bit of lip balm and had really nice colour. Now I must wear lipstick or half my lip fades away ...

Age is really a b***ch, ain't it?

Here! Here! Those under fifty should enjoy those strong, beautiful years!

I am 28 - my first lip product beyond Lipsmackers was a Clinique Lipstick...I think it was in the shade Tenderheart? I used to wear a lot of lipstick but did go through a gloss phase. Nowadays, I think that a lot of lipgloss is too shiny...almost greasy looking. My favorite lip product, though hard to find, is gloss that isn't too shiny, almost like a liquid lipstick.

I gave up lipstick per se about 12 years ago. I switched over to a couple of the lines of lip stains that are available. I prefer the ones that you apply, let sit a minute or 2 and then apply their gloss over the top. Those don't seem to be as drying to my lips.

I have an issue with a lot of reds looking pink on me after a few hours and last fall I found a red lip stain at Sephora that stays true to color on me. The downside is that it doesn't have a complimentary gloss to go over it and tends to be a bit drying if I use it a lot. But then I don't wear a strong red lip everyday so it usually works out for me.

Many have mentioned needing more color as they age and the men in their lives not liking lipstick. Even in when I was much younger my husband would comment on my need for lip color. That definitely hasn't gotten any better with the years. Although he disliked kissing me when I wore lipstick he really liked the look of it. The lip stains have been a perfect answer to the issue because once they are set they do not rub off onto him when we kiss. A few years back he walked through and kissed me right after I had applied the stain, but before it was set. He then walked off. I didn't see the transfer issue for several minutes. He noticed it after I'd left for work and told me later that he had to scrub and scrub to get it off his lips.

I'm a daily chapstick wearer (Neutragena) and only wear lipstick if I'm wearing full make up for an occaision, but usually a gloss moreso. Never was into the taste or feel of lipstick. I recently bought a new Neutragena chapstick and the packaging is different and it had a medicine like taste, not like the regular one that had no flavor. Hope they haven't changed the formula.

I wear lipstick everyday at work and when I'm dressing up.

Other times I wear lip gloss.

I'm 32 and started wearing lip gloss when I was around 14. Most my friends were allowed that and mascara but not lipstick.

I generally don't get the "full-makeup-but bare-lips" look. I think it looks unfinished.

Where I come from a natural look is preferred and most women I know do not wear lipstick but lip gloss or tinted lip balm instead.

I've just found a new best friend and it's Clinique Almost Lipstick, shade Black Honey. It looks :eek: in the tube but gives a very subtle red shade on the lips. You can layer it up and use with a lip definer for a more finished look. I love it!

Archived