Lipstick Poll

What are your thoughts about lipstick?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts about lipstick?

• I wear lipstick daily and feel naked without it
    • I only wear lipstick on a formal occasion to complete a fully made-up face
    • I usually just wear a gloss instead
    • I hate lipstick!

Interesting. I still think that if you have negative thoughts about something while you are young, you are disinclined to try it as an adult.

Nope. I hated lipstick when I was a teen...despised it. Thought it looked totally stupid. Started wearing it in my 30s, then went thru phases...on and off. Now, at 51, I wear a shiny color-rich gloss, or a neutral lipstick...pretty much every day. Complete flip of my teen years!!

I'll agree with that. If I still had the same cosmetic preferences now as when I was 12-15, I would be wearing bright sky blue eye shadow. I don't even own any blue eye shadow now-it is probably the last color I would wear!

Too funny! In junior high I wore blue eyeliner and this bubble gum pink lip gloss that EVERYONE had to have. Ahhhh, the 80s. ;)

I only started wearing eye shadow regularly my senior year of college and now I can't live without it. I am addicted to Bobbi Brown and MAC shadows. Always remember to use good brushes!

I rarely wear any makeup, and when I do it tends to be just lipstick. Sometimes I wear mascara with or without a little eyeshadow, but I doubt I'll bring anything but a couple of lipsticks or glosses on the cruise.

I love the Revlon Colorstay option for all-day lip color! For spring/summer I'm using "Revlon Colorstay Overtime Sheer" in Sheer Mocha. I got hooked on a darker color in the past, and will try to find it for the fall/winter. Hmm... what was that shade called...? :confused:

On top of this light pinkish color, I typically end up putting a layer of lipstick on in the evenings if I have something to do. It's either a light, shiny color or a rich, darker color pending what's going on. If I'm not going out, I'll just do an additional layer of the sheer/shiny top coat that comes with the Colorstay - my husband doesn't like make-up, but I feel more confident and my lips feel moisturized. :p

My husband also loves red toenails.....with black patent leather high heels. :)

And I do wear lipstick every day, even on days when I'm just staying home. I like MAC lipstick, but I also wear Revlon and Loreal.

I don't see how lipstick can be considered in or out of style...it's lipstick...most women wear it. And I would hardly take makeup advice from a 13-year-old. :rolleyes:

I wear Chapstick at night to go to bed and I also put it on before I apply lipstick.

Yup, DH likes the red toes with black strappy high heeled sandals. :)

You put Chapstick on before lipstick??? I've never heard that one. I would think the Chapstick is too "waxy" to take lip color on top of it. No?

Would never go out of the house without lipstick...most of the time gloss goes over it. I love Aveda's lip products. Burt's Bees before going to bed. Am so used to wearing makeup every day but don't put it on purposely if the gym is in my plans. I really get a kick out of those womenthat show up at the gym in full makeup and jewelry to workout!

Too funny! In junior high I wore blue eyeliner and this bubble gum pink lip gloss that EVERYONE had to have. Ahhhh, the 80s. ;)

Me too!

Now I seem to do a colored gloss when I leave the house. But I never seem to reapply it when I am out for some reason. I carry it with me, but it seems to stay in my purse! I do like lipstick, but really seem to have a hard time finding a nice shade that wears well and seems glossy. I might have to try the Revlon colorstay stuff, just have to find a nice neutral color!

My twin on the other hand has been a lipsticker for 12 or so years. Has to have the pencil, has to have the lipstick, and will reapply 20 times a day if necessary. She definitely feels naked without it!

Am so used to wearing makeup every day but don't put it on purposely if the gym is in my plans. I really get a kick out of those womenthat show up at the gym in full makeup and jewelry to workout!

Well I do take my earrings off unless they are small...but I am at the gym every day on my lunch hour...for 30 min of cardio. And at least twice a week directly after work for the other stuff...so yeah - I am in full makeup. I don't have time to take it off and then reapply it - not enough hours in my day already!!! So give us "made-up" gals a break - you don't know what else we have to do!! ;)

Yup, DH likes the red toes with black strappy high heeled sandals. :)

You put Chapstick on before lipstick??? I've never heard that one. I would think the Chapstick is too "waxy" to take lip color on top of it. No?

The Chapstick works very well under lipstick. It goes on very smoothly and if the lipstick is a little dark, it makes it a little more sheer. Plus my lips stay hydrated. :)

My dermatologist would want to remind all of us to find a lipstick or lipgloss that provides an SPF of 15, 30, or higher whenever we are out in the sun.

When you are out on the deck of a fabulous cruise ship, your lips will love you for it:)

I have a mother who if i was dying would say..."put some lipstick on honey" lol...I always have it with me. I am blonde and have light eyes without lipstick i look dead :) I am a MAC girl too but recently layer it with Diors' Addict gloss...love it!

Lipstick every morning otherwise my lips look too pale and dry. But then I usually forget to reapply for the rest of day:rolleyes: At night I tend to swipe on a bit of vaseline. My favourite lip balm was my daughter's Bonnie Bell or something...it looked pink but went on sheer. She wanted "lipstick" but never wore it then got mad at me for using it all up:o

I don't like lipstick. I don't like the way it smells. I am more of a gloss person, I guess! I don't wear makeup at work... It doesn't go well with my lovely outdated blue polyester letter carrier coulotte that I wear!:)

My dh is addicted to chapstick. It's really his only addiction so I don't mind. But if we go somewhere and he discovers he forgot his chapstick, I swear his lips get red immediately! There must be something in there that is addictive!

• 5 years later...

I'm digging up a really old thread here......... hoping someone has some more current info for me! (Post # 38 in this thread was what caught my eye.)

Does anyone know of a lipstick that is available in North America with an SPF higher than 15? There are a number of colourless lip balms higher but I like something with colour and would prefer not to have to layer lipstick over the balm.

I found a website for an Australia supplier with SPF 30 lipstick, but I really didn't want to pay the shipping from there.

SPF 15 is probably "good enough" but I was curious if higher is available closer to home.........

I'm digging up a really old thread here......... hoping someone has some more current info for me! (Post # 38 in this thread was what caught my eye.)

Does anyone know of a lipstick that is available in North America with an SPF higher than 15? There are a number of colourless lip balms higher but I like something with colour and would prefer not to have to layer lipstick over the balm.

I found a website for an Australia supplier with SPF 30 lipstick, but I really didn't want to pay the shipping from there.

SPF 15 is probably "good enough" but I was curious if higher is available closer to home.........

It's still only an SPF of 15, but I have this:

http://www.sephora.com/sugar-lip-treatment-spf-15-P57002?skuId=1448372

and I love it. Just enough color and it does last quite a while. I have a hat on when I'm going to be in the sun and I do extend my facial sunscreen onto my lips before applying this lip treatment.

Several really old threads are here today, huh?

I'm 21, so I can weigh in on the 20-year-olds. I only wear lipstick when I'm dressing up for a formal occasion. Otherwise, I'll put on some chapstick or moisturizer but leave my lips bare. I just feel like lipstick is too much for a natural everyday look, along with my eye makeup. I just feel like lipstick is a very mature look and something I don't wear everyday. I've noticed the same with other girls my age. They probably aren't wearing lipstick unless they're dressing up to go out.

I have a number of 20 something's that work for me in office settings. Although I've never noticed prior to reading this thread thinking about it now they wear lipstick very infrequently.

My wife is 33 and wears it everyday, always has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Never leave home without it. Even on days I don't wear make-up I still have a lipstick in my pocket.

Don't know about kids in general but my granddaughters are teens and are always trying out new shades. But they're all pretty "girly!"

Archived