PG - August 22, 2007

Hello!

Our kids are 8 and 11, so not much help for your kids.

The South Pacific is totally different from the Caribbean. While I haven't been to these Islands yet, I have been around and you will not want to go back to the Caribbean again.

My approach has been a bit more low key for this cruise as I usually plan everything out. I am not planning much of anything; choosing instead to more or less go with the flow and modifying my activities based upon what the Ambassador's program has in store for the kids.

My husband and son will be diving during the cruise. As will the son of my friend with whom we are travelling. I too am looking forward to what the Ambassador's program has to offer for the kids (old and young).

They do have email and facebook. Give us your email and I will get them to add you. FYI.....Kristin is 16 and Jon is 18. Where do you live? Canada? US? We are also travelling with my friend Chipsahoy and her two kids Amanda 15 and Cameron 18. I will tell them your email too if you want and get them to add you.

We will be traveling on the PG August 22, 2007 for our first in the FP and with Regent. We are very excited about this trip and cannot wait. We are both in our early 40's and are frequent cruisers/travelers and currently reside outside of Philadelphia, PA.

We are looking for 4 other people interested in this excursion on August 24, 2007 for 6 total with Bruno from L'excursion bleue. Excursion leaves from Raiatea and circles Tahaa including Black Pearl Farm, Vanilla Farm, one of the best places in the islands of snorkeling as listed on many threads on cruisecritic, motu lunch, snorkeling again at the coral garden and return to Raitea around 16:00 - 16:30. Cost is $110 pp USD. Contact information is:

Bruno FABRE / l'excursion bleue.

E mail tpt@mail.pf

Site www.tahaa.net

Looking forward to meeting everyone and appreciate all the information on excursions with Regent or any other recommended operators.

eric & linda

• 4 weeks later...

Can't believe how close the trip is getting. I've started to think about what to pack. I've been told that I can only bring one suitcase...and this trip will be very casual. Haven't been on a cruise before that didn't have somewhat of a dress code for dinners....and no formal nights. It just takes a whole new way of packing I guess. I have bought myself three new swimsuits though!

Can't believe how close the trip is getting. I've started to think about what to pack. I've been told that I can only bring one suitcase...and this trip will be very casual. Haven't been on a cruise before that didn't have somewhat of a dress code for dinners....and no formal nights. It just takes a whole new way of packing I guess. I have bought myself three new swimsuits though!

Hi Timberchop,

I don't want to get into the middle of a family argument, but who told you that you can take only one suitcase?

Also, there is a dress code of sorts for evenings: "country club casual" or "elegant resort wear" and "no jeans, shorts or t-shirts".

I approve of your purchases. Happily, bathing suits and pareos take up way less room than heels and ball gowns. If you're young and slender (neither of which applies to me) pareos can also do dinner duty.

My husband and our friends all travel light; I am the culprit, with just one more bathing suit, or pair of thongs, or tank top, etc.

I believe the ship is waitlist only as I checked on the RSSC website.

The reason behind the "only one suitcase rule" is that we are flying to Bora Bora from Tahiti when we arrive pre-cruise. There are restrictions as to weight on this airline. I also believe that my dear husband does not want to shlep my heavy luggage. I think the later to be more the truth!!!!

I will be bringing a few skirts/sundresses for the evening but do believe that the heels will get nowhere near the suitcase. I'm really looking forward to not taking tux's, long dresses, accessories and jewelry etc.

I am planning on purchasing a pareo for myself (maybe two) but likewise....the body will not allow it to second as a dress. My 16 year old....5'10 slim daughter....yes!

Getting more and more excited by the day! Just don't want to wish the summer away!

I understand, Timberchop. We were uninformed and ended up paying through the teeth for excess weight going to Bora Bora post-cruise on our last trip. Our transportation had left us stranded at the dock until the last minute, so, when we were finally "enlightened" at check-in, there was no time to go to the next building to check one of our bags. From our exchange with the agent, however, I assume that is a viable option if one plans ahead. Instead, we're doing the ferry to Moorea this time. I really don't like planes anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I will be on board. First time on PG and first time to FP. We will be spending a few days on Maui then few days in Tahiti at the Sofitel Tahiti Resort before the cruise. Back to Kauai for a few days after. It is our 40th Wedding anniversary.

Just read post of group on July 11th sailing. Makes me even more excited to get going. Just booked restaurants online. We've booked shore excursions as well. Purchased my water shoes and floats, dug out snorkel gear! Think I'll go surf for photos to oogle over this evening!

Cheers!

Sandy

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the time is getting near and the excitement is building. We have had family over from Scotland for a month...with the final relatives leaving on Tuesday, there hasn't been the normal amount of discussion or preparation. But as I figure it, what a great vacation to be looking forward to.

And, as it is the South Pacific, why plan too much?! As our kids will be in the Ambassadors of the Environment program I think we will pretty much do those sort of things together - of course with an exception now and again. Le Veranda has been booked and that is about all our planning. (And if any of you have booked through an Ensemble travel agent I will be hosting the tour in Moorea and the cocktail party.)

We stop in Hawaii then spend a few days at the Intercontinental on Tahiti before the cruise. We should be plenty relaxed by the time we board the ship and will be raring to...well, just enjoy being there.

Don't know if it is a good or bad omen, but I just found out someone got a hold of my Platinum Amex number yesterday. :mad: Fortunately no harm, but glad it happened before I departed on our trip, so the new card will be in place and ready to go. :)

Our wedding Anniversary is actually the 2nd Of September. We are heading to our favorite place in the world for our Anniversary dinner, overlooking Hanalei Bay Kauai. We end our vacation with a few days on Kauai. Thanks for asking.

Just in case anyone might think I'm not excited ...

Company has gone, the 2006 tax return just (finally) got done, a manuscript has been uploaded to press, the newspaper has been stopped, and the cat-sitter arranged. The big stuff is done, so now I can pack.

This is our first trip on Regent, second trip to FP. We sailed on the Tahitian Princess for my big birthday in 2003 (and saw the Southern Cross for the first time from our balcony on the exact date). That's where we met our friends and traveling companions, who are celebrating an anniversary this trip (see Love Cruising 7-11). We're all spending a few days at the Radisson (Tahiti) before sailing and a few more at the Intercontinental (Moorea) post-cruise.

Safe travels to Tahiti and smooth sailing to all,

Mary Sue

Archived