Bermuda vs. SOuthern Caribbean

SuperTrooper00

My wife and I are deciding on which to cruise to. Most of our questions are not about the ships, but simply the ports. Anyone that has been to both that could help us? We love beaches, and are just unsure which we would enjoy more. Thanks

Bermuda is unlike any other island in the Carribbean, east, south or west...Beaches are beautiful and pink. If you don't want to be bothered by "trinket pedlers" Bermuda is the place to park you beach chair. But the rest of the carribbean (which of course Bermuda is not considered to be part of) has it's own lure as well. The other thing to consider is do you want to spend one day at several islands or three solid days at one (Bermuda) I've been to the S.Carribbean, Eastern and West each once and the Bermuda 5x with #6 coming this September, so I may sway more to Bermuda;)

I have been to both itineraries. I would say that the Southern itinerary is more tropical. I happen to love the Southern Caribbean itinerary, great islands, Aruba, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Curacao. Each island has their own unique flavor. I have vacationed for a week in Aruba and St. Thomas more than once. Something different every day. On the other hand, I love Bermuda also. For everything that the Caribbean is not. Bermuda is very organized, none of that don't worry be happy attitude. It is very British. I love the history. The beaches are gorgeous. I can leave from my homeport, no flying to Puerto Rico (which is an added expense and hassle). No rushing back to the ship, because you stay in the same place for four nights. But, then you can't go on the new fancy schmancy ships with all the bells and whistles either, because the port is too shallow in Bermuda. It is a trade off. I hope you are fortunate to experience both itineraries. If I need to clarify anything, don't hesitate to ask.

My wife and I are deciding on which to cruise to. Most of our questions are not about the ships, but simply the ports. Anyone that has been to both that could help us? We love beaches, and are just unsure which we would enjoy more. Thanks

We cruised to St. Thomas, St Maartan, Nassau, Tortolla, St Juan & Bermuda.Three seperate cruises. We were in Bermuda four days.

By far Bermuda was the best!

Your choice should depend on whether you want to spend the whole trip at one port, or get a sampling of several islands. Bermuda is one of the best ports we have ever been to on a cruise. On the other hand, we have enjoyed many of the islands on three previous southern Caribbean cruises. A typical 7-day southern Caribbean itinerary will have one or two days at sea, and four or five ports of call in addition to the port of embarkation. If you want to scope out islands for future air-land vacations, this is a good way to do it.

Bermuda cruises are not available in the winter.

Bermuda is wonderful, and having all that time there seemed to be more relaxing than port hopping. We love the Southern Caribbean too though.

Have a great time wherever you go.... :D

Jackie

If you love beaches, go to Bermuda from May to October and go to the Caribbean from November to April. Bermuda is too cold to swim in the winter and the Caribbean is too hot for us in the summer. Since we also love beaches, snorkeling etc. we try to cruise to Bermuda in early October and to the Caribbean in late January or early February. The best of both worlds.

Archived