Booking Excursions for a group

gatour

I just noticed on the Princess website that I although there are only two of us in our cabin, I can actually choose more than 2 as the number of people taking a particular excursion. I did not actually go through the entire procedure though, wanted to make sure that this would work.

We are a party of 12 people booked in 6 cabins. We are the only computer literate and have a computer. What I was thinking I could book the shore excursions through our cruise booking for everyone if they so desired. I imagine the excursions would be charged to my account, so the other parties could just reimburse me.

So would this work?

I just noticed on the Princess website that I although there are only two of us in our cabin, I can actually choose more than 2 as the number of people taking a particular excursion. I did not actually go through the entire procedure though, wanted to make sure that this would work.

We are a party of 12 people booked in 6 cabins. We are the only computer literate and have a computer. What I was thinking I could book the shore excursions through our cruise booking for everyone if they so desired. I imagine the excursions would be charged to my account, so the other parties could just reimburse me.

So would this work?

Why not go to the cruise personalizer for each of their bookings and reserve the excursions there. This may be some extra work for you but doing the bookings this way, the bookings are charged to their cabins.

When we went to Alaska last year, I booked all our group excursions through my booking. The reason, and what Princess recommended, was that we would be booked together on the same excursion and not split up by booking each cabin individually. Additionally, I made sure that all our bookings were linked together, so they wouldn't split us up on flights, etc and recognize that we were traveling together. It worked fine for us.

You can go to the excursion desk onboard and have each ticket billed to the individual parties, even though you made the reservations for the whole group onlline.

Have done this on the last two Princess cruises.

Dale, that was my original thought but the hassle factor entered my mind. I would have keep track of each booking number with the party involved along with the primary name for that booking. In addition, in theory I could have access to some personal information which I am not entirely conformatable with.

scmomofboys also expressed my other thought that it would be easier to prove that everyone's shore excursions were booked as a group so there is less chance on getting seperated.

Dale, that was my original thought but the hassle factor entered my mind. I would have keep track of each booking number with the party involved along with the primary name for that booking. In addition, in theory I could have access to some personal information which I am not entirely conformatable with.

scmomofboys also expressed my other thought that it would be easier to prove that everyone's shore excursions were booked as a group so there is less chance on getting seperated.

You will have to keep track of this stuff anyway - many times people change their minds about an excursion. You'll need to make sure you cancel for those who don't want to do them or change their mind, otherwise the money comes out of your pocket.

Archived