Cabin #7180 or #6143 for a Larger Balcony

dmk

We have the choice of #6143 or #7180 on one of the M class ships. Which would you say has the larger balcony? We understand that they are different categories but we would just like the larger cabin.

DMK

Thanks for posting this - I am very curious also. We had 6143 last sailing and have booked 7180 for our next Infinity sailing. 6143 had to be the best cabin we have stayed in - the balcony was huge for not being a suite - we had 2 padded loungers, 2 chairs and a small table with plenty of room to walk around. It is teak flooring as you are in "suite country". A suite to the left and the attendant's area to the right and the location was extremely quiet. I would jump at this one again :D

Let's hope someone posts the details of 7180 ;)

I know it will take quite awhile, but we "CC'ers" have alot of time. I will be on the Summit, April,2005-yes alittle while from now, but will be in 7178, right next to 7180. Will let you know if no one lets us know before then!!! Come on guys, tell us about the nice bigger balconies 7179 and 7180 have!

Just read the message from Poohunderstands. We are also booked for room 7178 for the 11 night cruise leaving April 11th. So hopefully you are on the April 1st cruise, otherwise...... We did the 11 night night cruise March -April '03. It was so fabulous, we are doing it again with our "new" best friends who were in the room next to ours on the '03 cruise. Only difference was that we were "aft" in room 8170 which had a HUGE veranda. Loved it!!!!! Unfortunately, according to my TA this whole class of rooms was already sold out when we decided to book this cruise for next April. Oh well, this room sounds fine and we can't wait! Also sailed Horizon 10 night cruise April '00.

It was our first cruise and we loved it and the Horizon

as well. We're definitely hooked on cruising and Celebrity.

we also are looking at booking this cruise, is your ta saying this cruise is well booked already in the Balcony areas I guess I had better get my brother and his gang going on making up their minds. we also were on this ship in April 2003 same itinery great cruise.

marjmy

Thanks for your post! I know you'll have an incredible time. And I'm sure "our" room 7178 and veranda will be wonderful. If you get the chance, have dinner in the Normandy, the specialty restaurant. It was amazing!!!

Ok, not anything I have done or am, but because I live in an area where I have been able to eat at extraordinary restaurants; to me, would it really be worth the extra, what is it, $40-50 on top of what I am already paying per day to eat at the Specialty Restaurant? I love good food, esp. a fillet that can literally be cut with a fork alone, but I do not drink and don't really care for the cook at your table stuff. Now all that said, I really would spend the money if someone could really tell me why. I mean, since I can get a good steak at Ruth Chris in Boca, is the experience really worth it? I am seriously interested because this subject goes both ways on these threads. Though I must admit, it is much more of a positive "go for it" on Celebrity than on HAL. I also love my husband, but eating alone with him I can do the other 364 days of the year. This translates into he doesn't talk much while we dine out!!! That's why I love a table for 8-10 because he will actually become social and I love seeing this happen! I guess after 35 years together we talk more telepathically than verbally (smile). Anyway, any specific input would seriously help me decide to try the restaurant or not. Thanks for any insight you can give me.

We enjoyed the Normandy's atmosphere. It was elegant and intimate..I think we had dinner there on the 3rd evening (which was informal dress) with two other couples that we had become friends with. We made our reservations the first night onboard. And there was no problem when we decided to become a table for six instead of for two. I'm not a wine drinker, but I enjoyed wine tasting with our dinner. I thought my Chateaubriand was better than the filet I had at Ruth Chris in Las Vegas.

It was so tender and could also be cut with a fork. it was a full couse meal that cost $25 per person. We had great food, great service, great company, and great conersation. It's an experience I'm glad we had and shared with new friends. If I can figure out how to attach my photos, I will do so, so you can see for youself!!! The rest of the time, we had dinner with four other couples during our second seating. We still talk and e-mail all of them. I can't imagine a better seating arrangement than what we had. Dinners were always fun and very good, but for us, the Normandy was special, and we look forward to eating there again...

The price is now $30.00 and I seem to remember that wine, and any other drink, is extra.

Does the $25 for dinner at the specialty restaurant include drinks? If so, what is included? Someone mentioned wine tasting, at least.

Does the $25 for dinner at the specialty restaurant include drinks? If so, what is included? Someone mentioned wine tasting, at least.

It's now $30 for the speciality restaurant and other than great food and service it doesn't include drinks...unless you count water, iced tea and coffee drinks :)

• 2 months later...

I have stayed in 7177 and the room is std 2B, but the balcony is larger. We had room to add a longer on the balcony on top of the chairs and table. Was a nice little added treat. With big difference in CC roice to 2b prices and no 1A existing any longer, these cabins are a nice bargain.

Jerry

Archived