Yet another passport question

Has this ever happened to anyone....My passport has been being processed for about 2 months now according to the website (it will be 12 weeks since I applied). I had a locator number that started with 1000 and it was 10 digits long. There was a note that said "If the number above is 10 digits long and starts with 1000, please do not worry." Well mine was and until I read that, I had no idea that I should have been worried with a number like that! Well, I just checked again, and I have a completely different locator number. I have no idea if this is a good thing or a bad thing! Has this happened to anyone??? I plan to call, but of course have to wait until Tues.

June 22 and I know a passport isn't necessary yet (but they have my birth cert and I would need to get another one) but it worries me because I have elderly parents and in-laws in their 80's, plus I get bad allergic reactions and I would hate to ever have to fly home, but you never know!

We are actually sailing on the Mariner this next Sunday June 3 and are leaving our house on Friday. When we were two weeks out with no passports I contacted our State Representatives office to see if they could be of any assistance ( this was the most excellent advice from another poster ). I called them on Monday of last week, sent an email with all of the requested information and my passport arrived on Thursday - how's that for service? I was also very distressed at having to send the BC along with the application - my husband was able to get a copy of his and our girls were born here in Jacksonville so it wasn't a problem to get theirs. On Friday I received a phone call saying that the rest of the families will be here on Tuesday - in plenty of time for our Friday departure. Don't delay - make the call and get the ball rolling.

Elaine

Archived