What do you get with a Spa Pass

scperk

What exactly do you get when you purchase a spa pass. I can't find anything about it on NCL web-site.........Dennis

Very simple answer - Access to the spa :) and all the facilities that vary by ship -lockers, steam, sauna, hyro therapy, hot tube, lap pool (Dawn&Star), .........in short a quiet, uncrowded, oasis on the ship.

shoreguy has it right.... the spa package was well worht the money. 10.00 a day. we used it every day of our alaska cruise. they also run some special during the week. i chose the pick three for 89.oo. alway need to pamper thy self, because the real working world comes back all to soon.:D

I paid $63 pp for a 7-day cruise on the Pearl. It includes:

Robes (when you arrive)

Locker

Showers

Restrooms

Mens and Womens Private rooms that include steam room, sauna, hot tubs, spa, lounge area, cranberry and OJ, Hair Dyer, lotions, shower caps, towels

Gnereal area includes spa (not very hot), Thessolotherapy pool (pardon spelling of that word)

Heated lounge chairs

Lounge chairs

Cranberry juice

Water

Several showers

We went every day but two. The advantage is that it's private - paid use only, so it's not overrun with people.

I never saw anyone serving drinks (cocktails). Everything that was available was in a paper cup.

(I have posted several photos of the spa.)

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/Smapone/NCL%20Pearl/?start=20

Photo Nos. 1425, 1426 and 1427.

Would we be able to buy these passes for our 3 teens to join us, or is it 18 & over only? I'm just thinking it would be nice to hang out in there and relax as a family. :-)

We did not know this. My DW would love this for herself. I have two questions:

Can we buy this at the time of booking with our TA or online do we have to do this onboard.

The robes, are they new and do you get to keep them after the cruise, or are they recycled on every cruise?

I paid $63 pp for a 7-day cruise on the Pearl. It includes:

Robes (when you arrive)

Locker

Showers

Restrooms

Mens and Womens Private rooms that include steam room, sauna, hot tubs, spa, lounge area, cranberry and OJ, Hair Dyer, lotions, shower caps, towels

Gnereal area includes spa (not very hot), Thessolotherapy pool (pardon spelling of that word)

Heated lounge chairs

Lounge chairs

Cranberry juice

Water

Several showers

What is a Thessolotherapy pool?

Shoreguy, you are just too darn efficient! Yeppers, that's the pool alright... I can just FEEL it!

Nope, can't keep the robes unless you buy them. Yep, I s'pect they're recycled, but they are packaged so nicely. It's just a great place. So relaxing. What was nice about it for us is that we opted not to do any excursions save one, so we'd get off, walk around then head back to a virtually empty spa! Several times it was just hubby and I all alone.

I just loved it. And those tropical showers on the side -- oh how nice. The problem for me was that I'd leave my glasses in the locker so I was never able to read what each button said. I'd just push and stand there.

It's the pits getting old and having to leave my eyes in the locker room!

god that sounds so relaxing I think me and hubby will opt for that spa too, No kids sounds good too Dont get me wrong we have 2 kids (older) and can tolerate all the little kids in the pool but this sounds so wonderful doesnt it?:)

The wife and I did the nine-day package on the Pearl in Feb. Best money we spent on the ship. We went up there in the morning most days and after returning from each island.

Those silver fountains you see in the middle of Shoreguy's photo are actually high-pressure jets (think fire hose, they'll knock ya over if you're not careful) that took all the tension and tightness out of my neck and shoulders from the five-hour drive to Miami. Well worth it just for that. At the far end of the thermal pool is a poolwide chaise lounge type of set up made of pvc (you can see the top of it) with jets to massage you as you recline.

The heated loungers are great (though with me being 6-4, they didn't fit me too well). The individual Japanese whirlpools in the side rooms are fantastic too.

Obviously, I highly recommend it.

So the thermal pool is just a big whirlpool?

Yes! That's why it's located in the Spa area, and why you have to pay a Spa fee to use it on most, if not all, NCL ships.

It's not the covered swimming pool you'll see on other cruise lines' ships.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if they offer any kind of spa pass the the Majesty? I know that she is older and smaller and does not have near the amenities of the new larger ships. Does anyone have first hand info?

There are three different rooms. The main room has the thermal pool, regular whirlpool, heated tile loungers and regular chaisse lounges overlooking the bow. This area is co-ed. Then there are side rooms, one for men, one for women. These hold the sauna, steam room, cold plunge, individual whirlpools, regular chaisse lounges, lockers, showers, etc. The sauna and steamroom seemed to be clothing optional, but I would suggest some kind of bathing suit in the individual whirlpools

The rate was $63 for the week on the Pearl (6/3 to 6/10). I also found that it was OJ or Cranberry Juice, usually OJ. There were peak times that it was crowded usually a couple of hours before we would hit a port. I found it typically empty about 9 at night. I made it 6 of 7 days. The daily rate was $15. The robes are similar to the mini-suites and you return them after each use and receive a fresh one. One couple asked to take them back to the room and was allowed to return them later on the way to dinner.

I really miss my nightly whirlpool.

• 2 weeks later...

So you can buy just a daily pass for $15?

What are the hours of the spa (on the star)?

Is there a regular old-fashioned pool in the spa area?

There seems to be conflicting reports here...can you or can you not use these facilities on a day you have a service at the spa done?

Thanks!

Archived