What Is Age Range on Journey?

harryw

Someine in their 30's posted and wrote that eveyone was several decades older..I would like other opinions on this..and how does the age range differ from typical Celebrity cruises?

Harry

Someine in their 30's posted and wrote that eveyone was several decades older..I would like other opinions on this..and how does the age range differ from typical Celebrity cruises?

Harry

On the May 19th sailing, I'd say the average age was in the mid-60's. Likewise, much of the entertainment seemed focused on this age demographic.

Since all these cruises were marketed and sold as 'Celebrity', I wouldn't expect a difference. Celebrity's average age is in the mid- to upper 60s. It will be lower during the school vacations.

Floris

I think it's too soon to tell who Azamara's typical cruiser will be. Most people sailing so far thought they were booking the Zenith.

I am 45 and the ships and itineraries appeal to me in a big way. I sort of hope when I do sail with them everyone else is in their 80s. No fighting for deck chairs around the pool! :)

Harry

As Seinfeld would say "not that there's anything wrong with that"......BUT, I would love to have the OPTION of not sailing on a MEGA ship with some people of my own age. (edit: I mean that I enjoy the smaller ships more, however, it seems to draw a older crowd that may not appreiate us. That being said, I have met some folks 20+ years older than me that could "do me in"). I am very curious as to how this line is going to all work out. I, myself, love dressing up for dinner as it is tradition, HOWEVER, today I read in USA today that Azamara was ONLY catering for those who dont want the "nightlight and glitz".

Well....I love both of those things, only I prefer it on a smaller ship.

I cannot wait to hear feedback about this line as the first time I heard of it was reading USA weekend edition. Kinda crazy since I try to stay somewhat imformed.

Please share..

Also, If anyone else read the artical and found a few things strange, such as pricing, etc, please share any knowledge you may have as this is all so ne to people (especially me).

Cheers!

I am 54 and a card carrying AARP member..I tend to like a diverse age mix..I do like to dance (always enjoy the Celebrity Sock Hop)..but seem to socialize well with older cruisers..but would hate to see the lounges and discos empty after 10 PM..

Went on a Princess Brit Isles cruise two years ago..mostly an older crowd..but was so impressed at how so many had been all over the world..and basking in their retirement..

Harry

I am 54 and a card carrying AARP member..I tend to like a diverse age mix..I do like to dance (always enjoy the Celebrity Sock Hop)..but seem to socialize well with older cruisers..but would hate to see the lounges and discos empty after 10 PM..

Went on a Princess Brit Isles cruise two years ago..mostly an older crowd..but was so impressed at how so many had been all over the world..and basking in their retirement..

Harry

On the May 19th sailing, by 11:30 pm the ship was pretty much tucked in for the night, except for the Looking Glass lounge when there was late night DJ music, but not many people.

Thursday evening's White Night had less than 75 in attendance, and 10 or so of these were crew members. Perhaps the rough seas cut down on the number of participants.

On the May 19th sailing, by 11:30 pm the ship was pretty much tucked in for the night, except for the Looking Glass lounge when there was late night DJ music, but not many people.

Thursday evening's White Night had less than 75 in attendance, and 10 or so of these were crew members. Perhaps the rough seas cut down on the number of participants.

I am commited to trying this line, and you can bet I will be in that disco even if I am the only one on the dane floor!

It is a new line, so my guess is that things could change. ....:D I don't go to bed by 11:30 even on a work night...yikers

Also. are you going to write a full review on your sailing. I would love to hear all of the details!

White night? Are there other theme nights? :) thanks!

definitely an older crowd. On our 5/12 trip of the approx. 700 on board I would say about 600 were 60 or older. Maybe there were three or four families traveling with younger kids. And also several families that appeared to be mothers and or fathers traveling with their grown children. I noticed the same thing too, by 11:30 a walk around the ship could make you feel like you had the whole thing to yourself. I can't imagine what the 5/7 passengers were like because the waiters told us our group was "Much Younger!" Anyway I hope when I am that age I have the ability and means to enjoy such trips! I also have the feeling as the summer vacation season comes around that the demographics will trend towards a somewhat younger crowd.

i don't see what the difference in age makes. so what if people are 60 or 30? my sister is 60, i am 50 we are going and we don't "get tucked in" at 11:30. i just can't seem to figure out why some people are so concerned with the ages of the other pax. concern yourself with yourself and u might have a better time.................

It's interesting to find out about average age, and that probably does have an effect on what people like to do and how late they stay up and carry on ... but it doesn't mean there won't be lively older folks and younger wimps like me who need a nap every afternoon (between tea time and cocktails!) just to keep up ....

After all, I am a cat, and we need our 18 hours ...

No seriously, my MIL used to go on vacation with two sons, so she could "wear one out and go pick up a fresh one!" And my Aunt Julia could wear me into the floor when she was 80 and I was 18, swear to God, that woman could party ....

agree happycat! age does not matter. i could stay up late one night and decide to turn in early another. i have met some "older" people who can shut down the party. i can't imagine why age matters at all. i dont care how old or young the other pax are. we are all there for the same thing. cruising to Bermuda!!!! not checking in on each other to see our sleep patterns.

I've read the term "white night" somewhere else on these boards. Would you please tell me what is "white night"??

inquiring minds and all that... thanks!

i don't see what the difference in age makes. so what if people are 60 or 30? my sister is 60, i am 50 we are going and we don't "get tucked in" at 11:30. i just can't seem to figure out why some people are so concerned with the ages of the other pax. concern yourself with yourself and u might have a better time.................

Ex #1: Just got off the GP W Carib in April. The disco was deserted by 11 pm as well as pretty much everything else. The disco also closed at 2 am EVERY night. Never seen that before. Luckily, we found a married couple that could definately hang as you can see in the pictures. If it hadn't been for them there would have been almost no social scene at all. Seemed like everyone kept very much to themselves and tucked in EARLY. I have never witnessed this on a cruise before. They were practically BEGGING for people to participate in pool games!

cruizin, what great pictures!! i am glad u found some people to hang out with. true it is more fun with others, but i can do ok otherwise. the only thing i was trying to say is i didnt care if they all go in early, i will still be out!! where did u go on that cruise anyhow?

cruizin, what great pictures!! i am glad u found some people to hang out with. true it is more fun with others, but i can do ok otherwise. the only thing i was trying to say is i didnt care if they all go in early, i will still be out!! where did u go on that cruise anyhow?

It was w carib. So Costa Maya, Roaton, Belize and of course Cozumel. Maybe we'll see you on the dance floor sometime!:D Cheers

My wife and I will be on the July 28 cruise. Our three kids (10, 3, 2) will be out of school and we figure this will be the last time we're able to go an adult only cruise--next year, when our youngest is 3, and able to go to the various cruise lines' kids factories, esp Disney, we figure we're not bound for any trips without our kids for a long time.

Having said that, we booked the Journey on purpose, in the last few months. We were not originally with the Zenith. My sisters were on the Zenith years ago, when they were about 20, and they didn't like it at all.

My wife an I are both in our early to mid 30s. SO, we are hoping that there will be some younger crowds on the summer time cruises. School lets out here in 5 days.

I'm not too concerned with age..everyone will be in vacation mode and enjoying the company..its not like there's a velvet rope to get into a lounge (by the way, there is a great velvet rope scene related to age in the film "Knocked Up"...

Harry

It a party where everyone wears white and masks.

This was very funny. They advertised White Night. Set up time during the day in the Lookout Lounge to make masks. Me, my wife and 2 others showed up (no one else). Actually, we were already up there playing cards. Anyway, we dress up in white. We didn't bring anything special, we just had some white clothes. We wore our masks (for a minute) and left 30 minutes later. Very poor DJ, playing decades old music. Even the cruise staff left after 30 minutes. I saw them drinking outside the dining room in the martini bar. It was nice attempt, but not very successful.

Archived