Removable Balcony Partition?

On the Liberty, if you have two balcony rooms next to each other that do not have a door connecting them (I can never remember if that is considered connecting or adjoining, but you know what I mean), can the partition on the balcony be removed to form one large balcony? Or are they permanently bolted in place?

We have sailed on Freedom twice in the past year. We did not have connecting cabins but the Stateroom attendant opened the balcony on both occasions so we could walk between the rooms. It operates like a sliding glass door and they have a special wrench that unlocks it. It you had a pair of pliers you could unlock it yourself. Definitely a reason to keep your door locked because it is easy to access the balcony next door. But very useful if you are traveling in a group.

Depends where you are on the ship - in general yes, they can be opened on Liberty - but do not believe that the Aft ones open. If they are the frosted glass variety they open

Darn, we are as aft as you can get. If I called RCCL, would they be able to tell me for sure if we could do this with our rooms, or is this something that they wouldn't really know? The reason I ask is that we have three rooms booked on our cruise. Our youngest will be in an inside room that connects with an inside door (adjoining?) to our balcony room. Currently, my other daughter and her soon-to-be husband will be a few doors down. I was thinking of changing their reservation to the room next to ours (if it is still available) so that the entire family could hang out on the balcony together. I don't want to bother changing their room if we can't remove the partition. I know many of you probably think I should consult with my oldest daughter to make sure that she doesn't have a problem with the change, but this trip is a surprise, and if I can keep it a secret, they won't even know anything about it until Christmas.

Darn, we are as aft as you can get. If I called RCCL, would they be able to tell me for sure if we could do this with our rooms, or is this something that they wouldn't really know? The reason I ask is that we have three rooms booked on our cruise. Our youngest will be in an inside room that connects with an inside door (adjoining?) to our balcony room. Currently, my other daughter and her soon-to-be husband will be a few doors down. I was thinking of changing their reservation to the room next to ours (if it is still available) so that the entire family could hang out on the balcony together. I don't want to bother changing their room if we can't remove the partition. I know many of you probably think I should consult with my oldest daughter to make sure that she doesn't have a problem with the change, but this trip is a surprise, and if I can keep it a secret, they won't even know anything about it until Christmas.

In our Freedom GS I did look to see if you could remove the partitions. And yes you could...it was just a latch and a swing (looked locked, I didn't mess with it). But that wasn't AFT. Call RCCL and see if they know the answer.

In our Freedom GS I did look to see if you could remove the partitions. And yes you could...it was just a latch and a swing (looked locked, I didn't mess with it). But that wasn't AFT. Call RCCL and see if they know the answer.

Just got off the phone with them...they said that some rooms can have the partition removed and some can't but they don't know which ones. I guess I will start another thread that has the room numbers in it and see if anyone has stayed there that might know.

Archived