Has anyone felt like "steerage" on Spirit

ExplorerBride

DH & I have booked outside cabin deck 5 Spirit Southern Caribbean Jan 7/05 - Jan 16/05. Have cruised on Princess way back in 1994 and recently on "weddingmoon" RC Exp. of Seas Dec 03. I'm getting this odd feeling that if we are in a cabin without a balcony we will be treated differently. Visions of "steerage" class on the Titantic keep popping up in my head.

Why is room service menu different for balcony class? Why are only "balcony class" cabin passengers allowed access to balcony in main showroom?

Should I be concerned about this. My DH thinks I worry too much. :eek:

thanks

Haven't been following spirit posts.. but is this really true? Normally the penthouse suites and above have priority seatings in the theatre and thats it. Also the roomservice menu is the same except for penthouse suites which have expanded choices and the ability to have full meals in the room.

We cruised on the first sailing of the Spirit, and we had an inside cabin, and never felt slighted in any way. We sat on the balcony for every show, never any discrimination. The room service menu was same for every one that didn't have concierge service I believe. You will love the ship.

I've been on the Norway and the Sun of NCL and had inside cabins. We had great cabin attendants on both. Nobody else knows what cabin you have so people throughout the ship will treat you the same. We could sit anywhere we wanted. There was a small section in the balcony reserved for the owners suites or something lilke that. We had a balcony on the Star and we had the same room service menu as the inside folks do. Only the suites get more food offered. I'm sure the Spirit follows suit as the other ships do so you won't get any worse treatment than the balcony people. We didn't get any special treatment on the Star. Hope this eases your mind. You will get a life preserver and a spot on the life boat! :)

Luanne

We were on the Spirit 7/31/04. We had a balcony and our friends were across the hall in an inside cabin. We went everywhere together and were always treated exactly the same. I will tell you that we had a different experience than they did, however. They felt like they were sleeping in a closet and could never tell if it was day or night. We kept the doors open at night and slept to the sounds of the ocean. We also got up early and watched the sunrise on several mornings.

I will really miss not having a balcony on our upcoming cruise, but at least we will have a window - otherwise, I think I'd be clostrophobic for 9 days. We'll be traveling with our adventurous little five year old boy and think we would worry too much with the balcony . . . . I know our cabin will seem much smaller with just a window and not a balcony.

If I ever make it to Alaska, a balcony will be a must.

thanks to everyone that replied to my query. Especially Luanne, "You will get a life preserver and a spot on the life boat! :)"

That made me:D smile big time. I must have miss read another post about the "restricted balcony" in the showroom. One poster said only balcony cabins were allowed in balcony seating in showroom.

As for the roomservice I guess I have been spoiled on Princess and Royal Caribbean. DH & I enjoyed our full hot breakfast on balcony last Dec as it was our honeymoon. We ordered a pile of food as it was our first day as newlyweds.

I don't think we will be eating in the outside window cabin as it looks small in photos. I miss my balcony already.

thanks again

Archived