Help us choose... Tropical Reef Snorkel & Island Beach VS Bannister Island

I doubt you will need to book an excursion to do that. Get a guide book(Libraries are free!!!) and read up on Belize. It will tell you which spots are best for snorkling, and which beaches have "facilities"! When you book an excursion, you have limited time to "relax", so going on your own may be a better (and certainly cheaper) way to go!

A book??(whats a library??I sorta remember going to one of those;) ).. The internet is more up to date and the OP can email if they have any questions...............

OP----------I would suggest going to the ports of call board for Belize.......I bet someone has done one or the other can can give you first hand advice...........

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109

We've been to Bannister Island, Belize. I don't recall any snorkeling right there, but a few miles (short distance by boat) away is Gallo Reef. It's a huge reef and very good for snorkeling.

Bannister Island is really nice, but I didn't see any snorkelers there. :confused:

Thanks, but from what I have read this is best done as an excursion... the excursion leaves straight from port and you get there quick... otherwise you are taken to Belize city which is the opposite way, and have to double back.

A book??(whats a library??I sorta remember going to one of those;) ).. The internet is more up to date and the OP can email if they have any questions...............

OP----------I would suggest going to the ports of call board for Belize.......I bet someone has done one or the other can can give you first hand advice...........

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109

Thanks, but I looked through two years worth of posts on the ports of call boards... nada

Thanks, but I looked through two years worth of posts on the ports of call boards... nada

But have you asked this very same question on there??:confused: Couldnt hurt....

NEVER mind.........I see you did...............well, I hope you get an answer....

We went to Belize in March. DH did a snorkeling excursion and DD and I stayed on Bannister Island. Then we did a manatee watch. We used HammerHead Sports/Coral Breezes Tours. Nice people, excursion worth the money. You can opt for 1 to 3 of the options (snorkel, beach, manatee watch) The only bad thing is that you have to tender into Belize and then take a speedboat out to Bannister. You can click on the link in my sig to go to my review about the cruise and Belize.

Archived