Anyone make early flight from Seattle?

TedC

Our afternoon flight from Seattle after Alaska cruise on Amsterdam has been canceled and we've been rescheduled for 10:30 am. Alternative offered was to fly out at 11:30 p.m. and get home the next day - UGH!

We'd REALLY like to make the morning flight if possible.

Our afternoon flight from Seattle after Alaska cruise on Amsterdam has been canceled and we've been rescheduled for 10:30 am. Alternative offered was to fly out at 11:30 p.m. and get home the next day - UGH!

We'd REALLY like to make the morning flight if possible.

Not sure when you are sailing, but we are going to be flying out of seatac on June 9th at 10:50am. Continental changed the time after we had purchased the tickets. I will let you know when we get back how it turns out.

Jackie

Hi Ted:

The Amsterdam gets into Seattle on a Friday morning, doesn't it? That's a pretty tight connection, frankly. Maybe you'll make it, but it's going to make for a very tense early morning. You'll be disembarking around 8 am (maybe). If traffic between the pier and the airport doesn't slow you down, then you have security and possible congestion at SeaTac to contend with. What's your arrival date? Can you stay an extra day in Seattle? Summer is a wonderful time here, with all kinds of celebrations and fun things going on.

Karin

All flights to where we live are around 8:30 AM.

You are really taking a risk with a flight that early. One time we spent nearly an hour getting through security (2006). And that didn't even include checking in luggage.

You may even find that your schedule will change as the weeks go by. That has happen to us quite a few times with AA, Delta and US Airways.

The Queen of Tight Connections ( me) would go for it. It's a calculated risk based on the unlikelihood that the ship will return later than scheduled, given it's coming in from Victoria. Even if the ship is running late into Victoria, HAL will reduce its port time there to avoid delaying the return to Seattle.

You will need to be in a position to roll your own luggage off the ship and hop a cab as soon as they let you disembark. If you need assistance with your luggage, I am afraid, you are likely going to miss your flight.

Having said this, Middle-aged Mom has the best idea. Why not eliminate stress and stay over and leave in the AM, on Saturday.

Not sure when you are sailing, but we are going to be flying out of seatac on June 9th at 10:50am. Continental changed the time after we had purchased the tickets. I will let you know when we get back how it turns out.

Jackie

Jackie,

Thank you, we'll look forward to your report. GOOD LUCK and have a wonderful cruise. We disembark Friday, Aug. 3.

The Queen of Tight Connections ( me) would go for it. It's a calculated risk based on the unlikelihood that the ship will return later than scheduled, given it's coming in from Victoria. Even if the ship is running late into Victoria, HAL will reduce its port time there to avoid delaying the return to Seattle.

As it is, the ship takes it's time going from Victoria to Seattle, they could leave Victoria at 3 or 4 in the morning and have no problem making it to Seattle by7am.

As far as making an early flight out of Seatac on a Friday. Pray for a light traffic morning and no accidents. With no traffic, you should be fine. All it would take is one accident blocking a couple of lanes, and you don't have a chance.

I was on the Noordam a week and a half ago and had a 10:40am flight out of SeaTac. I did express disembarkation and was at the airport, had my luggage check, and was through airport security by 8:35am. I took a cab to the airport (cabs were plentiful by the dock). I had an hour and a half to kill at the airport before boarding began.

The express disembarkation was quick and easy. You are responsible for carrying off all of your luggage without any assistance, so as long as you are in good health and don't have an unmanagement amount of baggae you should be fine with this option. Only problem would be if the ship was late arriving or it took an unusually long time for customs to clear the boat, but I would say you are in good shape.

I was on the Noordam a week and a half ago and had a 10:40am flight out of SeaTac. I did express disembarkation and was at the airport, had my luggage check, and was through airport security by 8:35am. I took a cab to the airport (cabs were plentiful by the dock). I had an hour and a half to kill at the airport before boarding began.

The express disembarkation was quick and easy. You are responsible for carrying off all of your luggage without any assistance, so as long as you are in good health and don't have an unmanagement amount of baggae you should be fine with this option. Only problem would be if the ship was late arriving or it took an unusually long time for customs to clear the boat, but I would say you are in good shape.

Hello Neighbor,

I am thinking that the Friday arrival versus Saturday, might make a difference. We were allowed off at 7:30 AM which made for an easy connection. I would go for it too but then again, I like the game.

BTW, regardless of my profile, I am in Barrington, Il.

Archived