Has anyone ever had their wallet or purse stolen?

I always use a fanny pack. Only in my case, it is a "belly" pack because I wear it to the front. It has multiple zippered compartments. I don't take my wallet ashore, only a photo ID, the ship's card, a credit card , and a small amount of cash. These items are in an envelope on the bottom of one of the compartments and I have never had a problem.

When we were in Cozumel in October by BIL & SIL took a cab to Paradise Beach they got out of the cab not realizing they left their camcorder in he cab. The cab driver found them and returned it to them. They were thankful he was so honest.:)

On my first cruise within the first hour or so of getting on the ship one of my friends had her purse stolen. It was sitting on the floor beside her at the tables near the pizza station. It was later turned in to the purser minus the money.

Suzy1212, This is totally off topic and I'm sorry about that. I sorry to read your post about the web pics. Very wierd.

Jennifer

My mother gave me the world's ugliest purse for my birthday to take on vacation. I was hoping someone would steal it from me while in Puerto Rico last summer. I left it (of course with nothing inside) on a park bench and someone kindly returned it to me. Then I purposely left it on the sand while taking pictures on a city tour-again a nice local person returned it to me. I have resigned my self to carrying the purse. On the good side it restored my faith in humanity.

Maybe if the purse had been more attractive, or if it had valuables in it, people would not have been as honest...:eek: :p (I'm joking)

It does say something, though, that they took the time and made the effort to return it to you. Cute story!

Archived