forward, aft or middle?

jiggywatson

Which is better in planning a cruise, the front of the ship, the middle of the ship or the rear? specifics of why they are better please.

My first cruise, my mom and i were closer to the front of the ship, and our last sea day back was rough, and we FELT it! I think that the middle of the ship is the best place to be. My 3rd cruise we were in an aft cabin and didn't feel anything, although there were no rough seas on that cruise. I just booked a cruise on Splendor the other day, and i had a choice of a suite at the very front of the ship, or a wrap around at the very back of the ship, which i ended up choosing, and the lady from Carnival said that the back is a more comfortable ride, so to speak. A lot depends on which deck you are on, and how rough the seas are or aren't. One minus, OR plus, depending on who you are, is when you have an aft cabin, or are at the back of the ship, you have to do a LOT of walking to get to most everything! My mom uses a cane, so we quickly found out that the aft cabin was not a good choice. My second cruise i went by myself, and i was, shoot, either under or over the buffet area, and i just scooted up and down the stairs! THAT was very convenient. Hope i was some help with this post!!:) Good luck planning!!!

LOL, toss a coin ;) They say the middle on lower decks are the best for feeling less motion.

we prefer aft. We never book forward.

You are going to get tons of opinions on this. Some people need to be next the elevator, you know they don't want to burn up all those extra calories ;) (not really, some people need to be because they have mobility problems so my above remark was just a joke)

Others, like us, want to watch the wake and see where we've been like that really matters...lol

others don't care cause they only book a guarantee and then it's the coin toss.

in rough seas, forward will feel more motion and you might hear the anchor if you are really forward.

if you tend to get motion sickness, take medication ;)

enjoy whatever you choose.

I prefer low and middle of the ship. There is less rocking motion felt the lower you are on the ship, and of course the middle is less rocky than the ends of the ship. I have a slight tendency towards seasickness, so for me, low and middle are best. Happy Cruising! :)

depends entirely on the ship that you are on.

We have been aft, forward, middle, balcony, inside, lower and higher..

depends on the ship.

We were on the QM2 this past Dec...forward...smooth sailing all the way. The ones in the aft complained of engine noise early in the am...

I never heard a thing!

Carnival Glory we liked froward and HIGH (for ease of disembarkation.)

One thing about being aft...most folks don't go by your cabin all times of the night and day talking like they do the middle!!!

Just depends on what you like.

Have fun...doesn't matter as long as you are on the ship!

I like the higher the better. I like to be near the buffet, so I can run get my cup of coffee in the morning and walk there without waiting on a elevator. Good for a midnight snack too.

I bring Bonnie if it gets rough to take....just in case. But so far I have only had a little bit of seasickness and we have been in rough seas all over the ship.

Archived