Hurricane Charley hit Caymans

Fila

Went to the Cayman Port Authority website. Doesn't look like these ships made port yesterday or today:

Navigator of the Seas

Zuiderdam

Carnival Triumph

Rhapsody of The Seas

Carnival Conquest

Paradise

Wonder where they went or how they handled the weather? Can't wait for the stories!

On our last cruise this past January, the seas were too rough for us to dock in the Cayman Islands.:( But we just headed to our next port, Cozumel, early. So instead of docking there the next morning, we got there that evening. And let me tell you, Cozumel know's how to party! There was some real "night life" to be found there!:D I did feel a little sad about missing the Cayman Islands. But It was still a great cruise. I would do it again in a heartbeat, regardless of whether or not we got to go to the Cayman Islands. I have heard of other cruises heading to their next port early too. I guess it must be standard procedure. We liked having all of that extra time at Cozumel. That was the first time one of our cruises had to skip a port. I guess we've been pretty lucky. But overall, it was a good cruise because we were allowed plenty of extra time in our next port.:)

We were in the midst of 2 storms going to Bermuda 2 years ago. We did fine though many had alot of seasickness. I never do as I never drink alcohol if I am the slightest bit queezy. The 2 just don't mix. Many just don't get this on cruises and then they PAY big time.

Three years ago we were on Sovereign after a hurricane. Coco Cay had been messed up good so we went to Freeport instead.

All the ships that were going there were rerouted to different places.. Most going to Freeport or Nassua. Jamaica was canceled also for those people.

Cozumel was cancelled for one ship also. Bummer.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/weather_update.aspx

Thanks for the link. Nothing like going from Western Caribbean to the Eastern. Might be a good idea to check out some of these places for excursions just incase!

Just got an email back from Grand Cayman. They didn't have any major damage. Glad to hear it!

I'd be sad to miss any of my ports on my up and coming cruise. But I'd also like to spend more time at port so I guess it is a wash.

I like stormy weather. Not so sure about the added rolling motion on the ship. I am a light weight drinker so I don't think I would enjoy adding to the rolling motion. No Bahama Mama's for me in ruff seas ;(

On this board some folks have been recommending Ginger. Something else for me to find and bring along.

Archived