Shoe horn

Kindlychap

Brutally crude, I know. But there it is.:D

Do any of you remember a kindler, gentler time when they were everywhere, rather than a hope-for?

BTW, we got some at the tailor's over the week end. And if I might say, it was the children who asked where could they get a shoe horn and the sales man was more than happy to supply them.

Eventually we'll all just be wearing sequinned loinchoths and bejewelled flip flops as we...Sorry. Never mind.

Have you seen steerage pax wear shoes?

Only bejeweled flipflops (or thongs, where I came from!)

no, no shoehorns,. and I must tell you how difficult a time I had finding one a few years back!

(I have a long one sitting here right next to me as I type!) You can find them at IKEA if you have one near you!

Karie, who occasionally has need of one..if my thongs are too tight! <G>

no, no shoehorns,. and I must tell you how difficult a time I had finding one a few years back!

(I have a long one sitting here right next to me as I type!) You can find them at IKEA if you have one near you!

Karie, who occasionally has need of one..if my thongs are too tight! <G>

Don't tell me that they have installed an IKEA on QM2 since the last time I was aboard!:eek:

David

who is currently grappling with a rather disturbing picture of Karie using a shoehorn on her thong:eek: :eek: which as you know has a different meaning on this side of the pond.

Matthew, you may also find an electrical extension lead useful. There are two UK sockets in the A cabins (probably thousands when you get your upgrade though). As others have mentioned before, they are situated very close to the desk surface, and some things won't plug in (eg a camera charger).

Hope you enjoy the crossing.

Matthew, you may also find an electrical extension lead useful. There are two UK sockets in the A cabins (probably thousands when you get your upgrade though). As others have mentioned before, they are situated very close to the desk surface, and some things won't plug in (eg a camera charger).

Hope you enjoy the crossing.

Thanks. I am sure I will have a good time. One can't really go wrong with a crossing, after all.

Sounds like very silly design of the sockets however.

Matthew

Are the steerage cabins on Queen Mary 2 equipped with one of these useful implements, or will I have to bring one?

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

If i dont speak to you before have a great time on QM2, lovely ship (IMHO). :D

I will be on your favourite Ship next Sunday ! :rolleyes:

Hope you find your Horn ! :eek:

Regards,

Gavin :cool:

Indeed - and a wooden one at that - at least on Queen Elizabeth 2.

Matthew

There's a joke in there somewhere about QE2 cabins and shoe horns but I won't stoop to it :D

Ken

Don't tell me that they have installed an IKEA on QM2 since the last time I was aboard!:eek:

David

who is currently grappling with a rather disturbing picture of Karie using a shoehorn on her thong:eek: :eek: which as you know has a different meaning on this side of the pond.

Thong means the same this side of the pond.

I am sorry Karie, but thank you for my morning chuckle. I shall have that picture with me all day.

There is a dual-purpose wooden implement in Grill cabins that has a lint brush at one end and a shorhorn on the other. In both Q5 and in Princess Grill cabins, there is only one U.S.-style outlet, and that's by the desk mirror near the bed--none in the bathroom or anywhere else in the cabin that we could find. Not sure about the outlet situation in the highest-grade suites.

But wondering why would a person actually need a shoehorn....

If you're having trouble putting on your shoes, then maybe you should get the correct size ..... :D ;)

First of all, they are the only way to put on well-fitted slip-on shoes without eventually ruining the back of the shoe. Especially with "tux shoes".

Second, so long as it is not brass, a shoe horn can be used as a mirror that will make you appear miraculously thinner. Which is always good.

Third, they are just light enough and just heavy enough to throw at husbands or wives who make jokes about not fitting into clothes quite as well and that perhaps a "body horn" would help.

Fourth, the children love them. I'm not sure why, exactly. But I did find one of mine using a shoe horn to dig a small, nicely shaped hole in the back yard.

Fifth and last, if you have a folding travel shoe horn (especially the kind with the velvet on one side), they make fantastic pretend "Star Trek communicators" or, now, cell phones. Of course, the kids love this. But it is also useful if husband or wife comes out wearing something that does not quite match - or is VERY late - and you can flip your shoe horn open and say "Captain to Enterprise, I seem to be on some STRANGE planet where shirts are left unbuttoned to the navel" or "Captain to Bridge, beam me up for crying out loud, I've been waiting for HOURS, get me off this bloody rock!"

You see? Shoe horns are wonderful things.;)

No - just about the size of the passengers and the amount of food they can consume:)

Interesting:)

Since passengers typically get bigger during a cruise, does this also apply to the cabin?

I can't say that I have noticed this phenomenon, but this could be a chance for Britain to once again lead the world:rolleyes:

David

Archived