Galaxy room...that doesn't exist..yet! oct 2008

sldispatcher

For what it is worth, we were booked into SS 1222 on Oct 11, 2008 Med cruise.

From what i can tell...the current deck plan shows no such room. however, the Century certainly has that. Is that a sign of one of the drydock plans?

For what it is worth, we were booked into SS 1222 on Oct 11, 2008 Med cruise.

From what i can tell...the current deck plan shows no such room. however, the Century certainly has that. Is that a sign of one of the drydock plans?

I have to say that my Galaxy/Mercury deck plans do show such a Sky Suite - starboard side, between 1218 and 1226, and opposite cat 9 cabin (inside) 1224. This was a UK-issue '1st issue' Jan 2007 - March 2008 brochure.

From your messages it looks like you're trying to decide between 1203 and 1222?

There is very little distance forward/aft between the rooms. I think you'll like them both. Based on the deck plan above, 1203 has a little larger veranda as it has no "cut out". While either would be nice, I'd personally take 1203 for this reason alone.

Also I generally prefer to be closer to the stairs, so I'd take 1203 for that reason too. It is a nice spot, just a few steps away and you're right above the pool. Also just a few steps away from the mid ship elevator and stairs.

Sorry for the earlier oversight...

But do you think Galaxy will get the new room/balcony configurations on 12 that Century got?

Hard to tell, Celebrity hasn't even announced that the ship will be going in for any type of work although there is a hole in the schedule next year. Don't believe anything you hear until Celebrity announces it officially, most of the people on board the ships including high ranking officers have no idea what is going on based upon previous experience.

I booked early and then found I am on the first sailing after the 'hole' in the schedule on June 9th.

So I will be able to better tell you whats going on next June..If you can wait a year or so...and who knows what will happen in between.:confused:

Dave:eek:

But do you think Galaxy will get the new room/balcony configurations on 12 that Century got?

I have heard the rear pool area will get a major renovation such as Century's Sunset bar, and that a specialty restaurant will be added. Other touches will reflect what has already happened on Mercury's minor revisions to aft staterooms.

Archived