Honest Q about ship water parks and babies in diapers

sas80

Now, mind you, I have never been on a ship with a water activity area so I don't know how they are laid out.

I assume that some water spurts up and out of funnels and that, in theory, you could stand up and walk through all of this.

How "out of line" would it be to pick up my baby (8 mos and still in diapers) and walk over to the thing spurting water and let him get his hand/head/body wet? I am not thinking of actually putting him arse-down in the water, nor am I actually thinking of letting him get "diaper-soaking" wet while standing there.

Just a little "passing the hand unde ther water/feeling the mist" type of wet.

Is that acceptable?

I absolutley think its fine. I have a 11 month old traveling on the norwegian dawn in july and I have every intention of letting her get her hands and feet wet.I ll sit with her at the step or edge. I think people are a little to crazy about this subject.. If its done correctly then there should be no problems.. Think about all the elderly people who have "accidents" in the pool and nothing gets said... dont worry have agreat time and let that poor hot baby get their hands and feet wet..:)

Think about all the elderly people who have "accidents" in the pool and nothing gets said...

Have never seen an elderly person poop in the pool. Are you saying you have?

It's feces, not urine, that spreads disease. That's the reason for the no diapers and no un-potty-trained kids in the pool rule.

That being said, letting your child get wet instead of immersing him or her in the water is a really considerate thing to do. Thanks for thinking about the other passengers--wish all parents were like you!

Well I can tell you that the staff is *suppose* to ask you to leave the area. Will that happen...it didn't on Freedom of the Seas and the parents were letting the babies actually IN the water in diapers and not just being walked through the area.

Bring a few plastic cup for the baby and a bucket. I have found that babies like to pour water into the pool with cups. That way the baby can get wet and have fun without submerging him/her in the water. I do think it is fine to put the babies feet in the water.

They don't want pee or fecal matter and it against the codes to allow swimming diapers. I should hope that holds true of adults as well.

im very well aware of what is dangerous to others... i worked in health care for 10 years. no I have not seen an elderly person have an accident in a pool although I have seen elderly people have accidents in general. the kind that they dont even know is happening. It only takes a small amount of feces to contaminate a pool. So to reiterate what i originally said... To let a baby wet there hands and feet by the edge of a pool... is perfectly safe. Unless it is a super baby and there poop can fly out of their but into the pool.... im not saying immerse them in the water.. it seems to me people are fixated on this and there are many other germs traveiling the boat to also be concerned about....not just a baby by the pool...:rolleyes:

THANK YOU for asking this question. I have an 11month old. and was asking this SAME thing on another thread but I was TOTALLY attacked for it. They all thought I wanted to take the diaper off my child and put her in the water!!!! *****?! Needless to say, my joke went way out of proportion. Anyway, I say that is PERFECTLY fine and its exactly what I'M going to do (let her touch the water while i hold her, her bum wont be anywhere NEAR the water) on the LIBERTY! So... to all the haters, I'll see you there! :D

But thank you for asking the question, seriously.

Well I can tell you that the staff is *suppose* to ask you to leave the area. Will that happen...it didn't on Freedom of the Seas and the parents were letting the babies actually IN the water in diapers and not just being walked through the area.

Yea, see, I wouldnt do that. We plan on bringing a blow up bathtub for his swimming pleasure. I get the poop factor...

(in fact, I hear him poopin right now!)

THANK YOU for asking this question. I have an 11month old. and was asking this SAME thing on another thread but I was TOTALLY attacked for it. They all thought I wanted to take the diaper off my child and put her in the water!!!! *****?! Needless to say, my joke went way out of proportion. Anyway, I say that is PERFECTLY fine and its exactly what I'M going to do (let her touch the water while i hold her, her bum wont be anywhere NEAR the water) on the LIBERTY! So... to all the haters, I'll see you there! :D

I saw that thread and, while I could see where you got the feeling of being attacked from - I also am fairly familiar with most of the posters whom responded to you and, knowing their style, they were not trying to attack you.

I could see why you felt like this tho, as some posters were fairly blunt.

It seemed like, once you felt attacked, that was it, you were on the defensive (which I could understand)

Anyways, you did mention this in the middle of your thread, but everyone was already too busy off topic. But I saw it as a valid Q, so I asked it.

I didnt see the harm in doing this but I wanted other peoples opinions too.

Happy Sailing everyone!

Im sure everyone knows this, but Disney has pools that babies are allowed into because of how they recycle the water. Id love to go on a Disney cruise myself. Are you anywhere near Port Canaveral? I hear they are also going to have ships out of Calif now.

don't worry just do what you want besides those rules are fro the other losers onboard and who cares if their kids get sick anyway, you paid for this cruise and this is your vacation!!

You always get posters like this one - purposefully trying to stir the pot in order to cause trouble.....

Please, no one take this bait, because that is all it is!

So to reiterate what i originally said... To let a baby wet there [sic] hands and feet by the edge of a pool... is perfectly safe.

Actually, if that's all you had originally said, I wouldn't have called you on it.

No one in this thread has claimed that letting a child get his or her hands and feet wet is a problem. You still don't seem to be really reading what's being posted here.

actually...that is what I said in my original thread. You may want to reread it.. this isnt the first time people were attacked over baby in or near pool. im sick of it. this is my last note on it. babies should be allowed to wet their hand and feet, but no be immersed in the water( like I originally said) and if anyone has a problem with it its just a real shame. its just a real sore subject because people attack too quickly enjoy your cruise :)

Thanks all for your input.

I do recognize the impact of poo in da poo-l and am not crossing that boundary.

Just wanted to get everyone's feel for some light activity sans immersion.

Im sure everyone knows this, but Disney has pools that babies are allowed into because of how they recycle the water. Id love to go on a Disney cruise myself. Are you anywhere near Port Canaveral? I hear they are also going to have ships out of Calif now.

It's really more of a water play area than a pool. It's one of the mickey ears in the mickey pool. It has water sprays but, no real depth. I love DCL but, I would hate for someone to think they are getting something that is not there. And the cruise I was on --the no swim diapers in the pool rule was being enforced.

As far as the Freedom class on RCCL--is that water park area no swim diapers also? Is that water mixed in with pool water? If it is mixed and there is a no swim diaper rule than that is stupid IMO. The little ones should at least be able to use the water park area. That should have been planned better.

Mary

It's really more of a water play area than a pool. It's one of the mickey ears in the mickey pool. It has water sprays but, no real depth. I love DCL but, I would hate for someone to think they are getting something that is not there. And the cruise I was on --the no swim diapers in the pool rule was being enforced.

As far as the Freedom class on RCCL--is that water park area no swim diapers also? Is that water mixed in with pool water? If it is mixed and there is a no swim diaper rule than that is stupid IMO. The little ones should at least be able to use the water park area. That should have been planned better.

Mary

Freedom does NOT have an infant area for non potty trained kids. :( They DO have an area that is 5 inches deep and not mixed with the rest of the pool water BUT there is a big sign next to it that says no non-potty trained children allowed. It is not filtered or anything. Now, that didn't stop parents from putting their diapered babies IN that area. But ya know. ;)

And the Disney area....here it is...just Mickey's left ear. VERY crowded. And just a small spray with no real pooling of water...

Gab.jpg

Freedom does NOT have an infant area for non potty trained kids. :( They DO have an area that is 5 inches deep and not mixed with the rest of the pool water BUT there is a big sign next to it that says no non-potty trained children allowed. It is not filtered or anything. Now, that didn't stop parents from putting their diapered babies IN that area. But ya know. ;)

I don't have little ones in diapers anymore(after 11 years straight-yeah) but, I feel bad for the little ones that they can not at least use the water park. I understand the no swim diapers in the pool but, I think the water park would be fine. I suppose that would be quite the liability for RCCL if someone where to get sick. As remote a possibility as that may be.

And the Disney area....here it is...just Mickey's left ear. VERY crowded. And just a small spray with no real pooling of water...

Gab.jpg

And apparently filled with a VERY cute little baby! :D

they have actually redone teh kids area on teh disney wonder (3/4 day boat) it is no longer the mickey ear they have now moved it to the other side of teh water slide they have a nice big area with shooting water holes that come up from the ground we had a ball watching several adorable babies trying to run and catch the wayet as it sprayed up one kept laying down and putting her face right in the hole as it would spray he giggle was soo conatagious!!! My older kids wanted to run play in it but i told them know it was for babies... It is much nicer now that they have redone it gives the toddlers more room to play (although swim diapers are still required)....

I am sorry to say that I was on a cruise and a parent was told that their child was not allowed in the pool in a swim diaper. Not bad, but they left and came back. They took the swim diaper off and kept mumbling that since their child was not potty trained the swim diaper kept her from pee-ing in the pool and what not. I just kept thinking that NCL did not explain this well enough to you. So some bad parents make it hard for everyone. I think most people that come to these boards know rules and know what is going on. It is the other foolish parents.

Archived