Parking at Mobile

75Vette

or not, I guess, there are several hotels in Mobile that offer "Park & Cruise" packages - stay the night before your cruise and leave your car there. Most offer a shuttle to the port. Cost is about the same as a nights stay. We stayed at the Radisson Admiral Semmes and were not impressed; :mad: others have apparently had a better experience there. Also try parksleepfly.com - a great site for this exact thing.

We heard all sorts of things about parking in Mobile from areas that are free to the hotels that offer parking packages, but we decided to park at the terminal and it was a great decision as far as I am concerned...Everything went smoothly and the attendants were courteous and helpful. You drop off your tagged luggage just inside the garage, then proceed to the parking levels. Cost for the 5 night cruise was $60 as I recall. When disembarking, there were luggage porters to help you with your bags in the baggage claim area and they did all the work and went right to your car with you. They have a very nice facility in Mobile and I hope the rumors of a larger cruise ship are true....Have a great cruise...

... We stayed at the Radisson Admiral Semmes and were not impressed; :mad: others have apparently had a better experience there. Also try parksleepfly.com - a great site for this exact thing.

We are researching this Hotel for a pre-cruise night and wonder what you found lacking. We will be with Grandkids and want easy parking, transfers and a pool !

Thanks

The Mobile Terminal is great! Parking in the garage is 60.00 for a five day cruise. Easy, easy access to terminal..just take elevator down from garage to the terminal level. Exiting is a breeze also. Have sailed from Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and Pt. Canaveral...Mobile is the easiest and friendliest of all IMHO.

We just returned from the Holiday and parked under the I-10 overpass. When you turn left from Water St. to go under the overpass (across from the cruise terminal), the parking area on the right is paved and striped. The parking area on the left is gravel/dirt.

It is only about 100 yards from that parking area to the terminal entrance and a very easy walk. The advantage is that you not only save $50-$60, you also don't have to wait for elevators in the parking deck.

Once we cleared customs, we were on the road in minutes.

• 1 month later...
We just returned from the Holiday and parked under the I-10 overpass. When you turn left from Water St. to go under the overpass (across from the cruise terminal), the parking area on the right is paved and striped. The parking area on the left is gravel/dirt.

It is only about 100 yards from that parking area to the terminal entrance and a very easy walk. The advantage is that you not only save $50-$60, you also don't have to wait for elevators in the parking deck.

Once we cleared customs, we were on the road in minutes.

To the original poster (and anyone else who cares): If you choose this option, be aware that the area under the I-10 overpass is not a secured parking area so you're taking your chances with this. IMHO, $60 is a small price to pay for the piece of mind of knowing that your car is not going to be vandalized while you're on vacation.

Archived