here's an idea...

When you are in the terminal waiting to board and you see the ppl getting off, you could always ask them to sell you the sticker from their Sea Pass card for say..10 bucks. Also maybe you could buy their leftover shopping coupon book for a few bucks. If the soda sticker has enough sticky you could always resell it when you disembark and reclaim your 10 bucks!!

BTW, I am only joking!!:D

Hey, the ppl on this board seem very desparate to save a buck, I was just trying to get creative. If you will take used souvenier cups from the tables when ppl leave (yes someone on this thread actually owned up to this) then I'm gonna guess there is not much you wouldn't do to save a nickel! If you can do that you can def be at the pier at 8am!

Of course I am reading this thread to save money HOWEVER there is a limit to what I would do to save a buck. One poster suggested that after the Sailaway party to collect any abandoned souvenier drink glasses and take them back to your room, wash them and take them home so you can reduce the amount of souveniers you buy, for me that takes it WAY too far. I like the tips that tell you where to find coupons for car rentals or hotels, or that inform you that you can save money by booking spa treatments on port days, these are the kind of tips I found most useful!!

Of course I am reading this thread to save money HOWEVER there is a limit to what I would do to save a buck. One poster suggested that after the Sailaway party to collect any abandoned souvenier drink glasses and take them back to your room, wash them and take them home so you can reduce the amount of souveniers you buy, for me that takes it WAY too far. I like the tips that tell you where to find coupons for car rentals or hotels, or that inform you that you can save money by booking spa treatments on port days, these are the kind of tips I found most useful!!

I do agree with you I have my limit too. I only take things on the ship if they don't have them like sugar free lemonade, or something like that. I would like to get to go the spa and save a couple bucks there. I read that you can volunteer for a facial.

There were some great tips here, just some are out there and some are labor intensive, like bringing your own soda and water onboard. I usually have my luggage so full, I doubt I would have enough room to do that one so I will probably drink the water from the ship and stick to fruity drinks the rest of the time. DS will probably want the soda/juice card. I think he would be the only one that would make use of it.

Pretty funny idea, I dont think I would have the nerve to do it though :rolleyes: I bet if you would someone would defentaly sell theres to you. They might change them on every cruise then you would feel really goofy if you got caught, lol.. Do they maybe change the colors or something each cruise so that doesnt happen?

Danielle

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, this one didn't work, but I did find that, if you have second seating, you can sometimes slip into the dining room as first seating guests are starting to leave and collect the almost empty wine bottles. Pour a few of those together, and you have free wine for your meal. :D

Archived