here's an idea...

why need the sticker?

In Dec 2004, I cruised aboard NCL and we purchased the soda package. They gave me an insulated Coke cup and I was told that I could just refill that without showing my card. In 2005, aboard RCCL, my friend bought the soda package and was given the same cup and same instructions...that she could go to any bar and just ask to have cup filled.

So....are they still using these insulated Coke cups? If so, I could just bring my cup from 2004 aboard and have free soda. No need to haggle with used stickers. :D

then by all means bring that cup! Or offer to buy a "gently used or pre-owned" one from a passenger looking to recoupe a little of what they spent....They should hold like a mini flea market right there at the port. Think of the bargains you could get on formal wear, and other cruise wear!!! Now that would be a fun pre -cruise ritual, I don't care who you are that right there would be a ton of fun!! Cruise brides and bridesmaids could sell their wedding clothes. It could really lighten the load for the flight home. YOu could apply your earnings to a future cruise!!

Laundry service seem too pricey?

1. Bring your own liquid detergent.

2. Spread a little soap on the clothes you want washed and put them on.

3. Pour a drink from your smuggled booze in the discarded souvenir glass you found on the pool deck before heading to the jacuzzi.

4. Relax and enjoy your drink, while your clothes suds away. :D

Take Dr. Pepper and Mt. Dew and be a soda scalper.:rolleyes:

We always take sodas we like (would buy a soda card IF they served something decent), and we've had people stop us and try to buy our drinks. We tell them to pick some up in the next port, but maybe we should be packing extra . . lol

why need the sticker?

In Dec 2004, I cruised aboard NCL and we purchased the soda package. They gave me an insulated Coke cup and I was told that I could just refill that without showing my card. In 2005, aboard RCCL, my friend bought the soda package and was given the same cup and same instructions...that she could go to any bar and just ask to have cup filled.

So....are they still using these insulated Coke cups? If so, I could just bring my cup from 2004 aboard and have free soda. No need to haggle with used stickers. :D

They were still using the cups in November 2006 but the cups are different every cruise also. I have two different cups now. Just think of it as another souvineer :rolleyes:

Archived