Key West residents not happy

BB5953

I love Key West - so much so that we just bought a house there. You would really be missing out if you don't get off the boat. They have great snorkeling, water sports, unique shops etc.

BB - I am SO envious!!! We absolutely love Key West. We hope to take a land vacation there one day. The next time we will be there is in October, 3pm - midnight...can't wait. My husband spent many childhood years there, and has many fond memories. His dad was a naval officer. Of course, it is not the same Key West, today, but still fabulous. I was there last November, for the first time....love it.

Marie

I would also stay on the ship next time.

They say too many cruise passengers crowd the island and affect the quality of the visit for tourists. Cruise ship passengers are also tourists.

Now they want to raise port taxes for cruise ship pass. Without the cruise ships half those Bus. would be out of bus. Sounds to me like the people in key west are getting a little greedy.

As a Floridian and one who loves the Keys it seems to me that they are not dependent upon the cruise ships for tourists. Now take St. Thomas or St. Martin they need the ships...Puerto Rico is large enough that they don't need the ships and the stop there is so late (on US originating cruises) that they are mostly closed. Mexico certainly requires the ships and their pricing reflects such. All that being said I know I always enjoy my stop in Key West...

The first time, we went to the Keys was on a cruise ship and I loved it. We just came back from a week in the Keys in July from our great experience on the excursion off the ship. We Have already booked to go back again next year in July. The cruise ships are helping the economy.

Archived