Alaska scrapbook stores????

travelwilder

• 2 weeks later...

Scrapyourtrip.com is definitely the place to get paper IMHO.. the "kits" I saw in the interior and in the ports only had 4-6 pieces of 12x12 paper etc., a few frames and sticker. I do recommend your get your flat and "3-D" stickers in Alaska. There are sets for each port.. In fact you will probably get a coupon book as you board ship (at least you do on Pricness) with a gazillion coupons for souvenirs at Alaska Shirt, SOS etc. In Ketchikan there is a coupon for 50% the set of Ketchikan port stickers at Tongas Traders and at their "Inside Passage" location near the dock and Mission St. they have a section for scrapbookers.. You can get a lot of waht you might want there and for Juneau and Skagawy as well. I got some die cuts there but no paper... also some unique postcards to use.

Another thing I do is "blow up" some scenery pictures by emailing to myself at work and then printing color printer on 8-1/2 x 11" paper.. scenes from whale watching, ship from a distance make a neat background to put photos on.. just an idea.

There is another site that has a large supply of Alaska items, it is: tropicalscrapbooking.com

I know I don't think tropical when I think of Alaska but they do have a good selection. It was mentioned on the boards a while back. We are going next year and my friend has already started buying things for Alaska as well as for her last cruise to Tahiti. She is very pleased with the quality, selection and service.

Have a great cruise and will look forward to seeing any pictures you post or reviews you write.

Thanks for all your responses. I am getting excited about our cruise and I love to find neat stickers etc for my pages. I will definitely try all of your suggestions. Ready to cruise!!!

Hello there...

It is my understanding that "The Creating Place" in Juneau has GREAT Alaska scrapbooking items.

Have an incredible trip...I LOVE the Alaska Cruise!

I found a great 12 x 12 Alaskan Scrapbook in Fairbanks. It was in the gift shop on the paddlewheel boat. They even shipped it home for me. I did find the scrapbook in other gift shops too!

Look for the freebie things, like brochures on things to do, places to visit, napkins, candy wrappers, etc...

D:D

• 3 weeks later...
Look for the freebie things, like brochures on things to do, places to visit, napkins, candy wrappers, etc...

D:D

You are SO right. Those are my favorites! My scrapbook of our 2006 Alaska cruise even has the wrapper from the cookies that we were served on the airplane to Seattle. I also used the little card that our cabin steward left in our cabin with his name and pager number, the card outside our cabin with our names and cabin number, the receipt from the spa when I got a massage, the luggage tage from Princess that we didn't use, etc. There are tons of little things like these that really personalize your scrapbooks!

Although the store has closed as mentioned in an earlier post, they are still doing business on line and they do have a great variety of Alaska supplies.

I'm not going to Alaska until next year but I am ordering some of the things now so that I do not have to worry about getting them home without bending or messing them up in the suitcase.

In fact, I am going to start my scrapbook before I go. I am having so much fun planning and sharing with my friends that are going, I don't want to leave this out. It is all part of the the journey.

It is said that planning is half of the fun. If that is true, I am going to have so much fun, I am not sure I will be able to control myself !!!

To all those traveling to Alaska in sept...at the souvenier shops, most everything is HALF PRICE... jackets, clothing, AND SCRAPBOOKING items.. i cleaned up last sept when i went... although i got the picked over stuff, i still cleaned up.. so those of you traveling in aug and sept, have your eyes open for all those good bargains!!!

have FUN!!

Diane

In anticipation of our cruise next year, we are having a great time planning. We have requested many brochures on line and have received some very nice items.

For instance go to juneau.com, or travelalaska.com, and request the travel brochures. Do this for each of the ports you will be visiting.

To all those traveling to Alaska in sept...at the souvenier shops, most everything is HALF PRICE... jackets, clothing, AND SCRAPBOOKING items.. i cleaned up last sept when i went... although i got the picked over stuff, i still cleaned up.. so those of you traveling in aug and sept, have your eyes open for all those good bargains!!!

have FUN!!

Diane

I'm going in Sept and will be on the lookout for all those good bargains. I've also started doing my album last week. Done 28 pages so far so when we get home all I have to do is slap those pictures and do some journeling.

• 1 month later...

I got a great Alaska scrapbook on board the Star as well so check out the gift shop and see what they have. I saved all the Dailies and reduced them to use as page decorations. It ended up taking two books to fit our Alaska cruise photos so purchase more than you need. You can always sell extras on Ebay.

• 9 months later...

I stumbled across this thread while I was browsing a Google search for scrapbook stores in Alaska. I will definitely check out The Creating Place. It looks like they have a good selection, based on what I saw on their website. I never thought to look on the ship, but I will check there for sure.

Archived