Transatlantic... typical formality schedule?

vjmatty

Doesn't a lot depend on weather you want to be looked on as an accountant type or "kind of cute". I would not wear a bow tie with a normal suit (besides a black tie would look funny and I refuse to wear brightly coloured:p ties); Neither would I wear a normal tie with a dress suit.

Malcolm, I am confused and only seem to have these alternatives. :D Which one do you recommend? Joe

http://www.hk24.de/produktmarken/recht_und_fair_play/schiedsgerichtemediationschlichtung/mediation/mediation_praxis/Erfolgreich_mediierte_Faelle/Wir_unterbrechen_die_Verhandlung_(HW_022006).pdf

http://www.hk24.de/produktmarken/recht_und_fair_play/schiedsgerichtemediationschlichtung/mediation/mediation_praxis/Erfolgreich_mediierte_Faelle/hw405.pdf

Well - I certainly asked for that didn't I!

L - I had no intention to cause offence. All I meant was that I would not wear that.

His tastes are not necessarily those of the other 99.99999% of the population!

Karie - I am not the only person who sails on Cunard who appreciates their dress code and you know that. You, on the other hand, are one of the few who seems to preach the "you can get away with it, just enjoy the ship" perspective.

a straight tie is perfectly acceptible with a tux, and a bow tie is perfectly acceptible with a business suit.

Interesting. I don't think there are any circumstances when a straight tie would be acceptable with a dress suit. In your own words you said:

who usually thinks of accountants when she sees bowties
so I don't think I am alone in saying that I wouldn't wear a bow tie with a lounge suit.

Go back to your room!

And don't come out until I've told you you can! <G>

Shan't:mad: :D

Karie - I am not the only person who sails on Cunard who appreciates their dress code and you know that. You, on the other hand, are one of the few who seems to preach the "you can get away with it, just enjoy the ship" perspective.

Interesting. I don't think there are any circumstances when a straight tie would be acceptable with a dress suit. In your own words you said: so I don't think I am alone in saying that I wouldn't wear a bow tie with a lounge suit.

Shan't:mad: :D

Now, Malcolm,

You must admit, you are certainly the most vociferous and prolific!

And no, I don't think one needs to "get away with" anything! I am simply saying that YOUR standards are neither the ship's standards, world standards nor society's standards. There is no rule anywhere that says that a straight tie cannot be worn with a tux. (I am afraid to use dress and dinner suit. I keep forgetting which is which) In fact, if you go to any tux store, you will see that many of them are sold that way these days. I'm not talking about your club tie, here. I'm talking a dressy silk, or other fine fabric tie. As for accountants, I did not say that was a BAD thing, now did I? <G>

Shan't go to your room? Or shan't come out til I tell you to?

You naughty boy. I suppose you will need a spanking! Hmm, where'd that hockey player go?

Karie,

who will be dressed to the nines, maybe even the tens, on her crossings, as always, (and as will Marc!)

P.S. I don't think it was me who said I wouldn't wear a bow tie with a lounge suit. Especially since I wouldn't wear a lounge suit, being a woman! And an American, who don't wear lounge suits (Sounds like something someone wears to a slumber party. ) <G>

You must admit, you are certainly the most vociferous and prolific!

pnhmrk 2049 posts

travel-to-go 2754 posts

You joined on 21 April 2005, whilst I didn't join until 25th April 2006 - you've had a lot more practise:p

There is no rule anywhere that says that a straight tie cannot be worn with a tux.

There isn't a rule that says you can't walk through the centre of York dressed in nothing but a thong (our meaning) and a pair of flip flops but I still wouldn't do it!

As for accountants, I did not say that was a BAD thing, now did I? <G>

Neither did I:confused:

I suppose you will need a spanking! Hmm, where'd that hockey player go?

Now, if the hockey player is involved, I'll go to my room with him:D

Archived