P&O Announce New Ship!!!

Slough God

Hi There,

Well it could be possible, with 40 new build cruise ships already on the books 2011 would be the first chance they or any one would have of adding to their fleet, so would expect Carnival corp to book a slot decide closer to the date you is getting what.

Would not expect this to increase the fleet numbers, as folk in Aus have been saying they expect a lot of second hand ships to be making there way to them in the next few years.

My only concern is where are all these cruise ships going to go, many ports are now over run with ships , hence the great list of new ports for this year. But these to will fill up,. more sea days ? per cruise .

yours Shogun

Hi There,

Well it could be possible, with 40 new build cruise ships already on the books 2011 would be the first chance they or any one would have of adding to their fleet, so would expect Carnival corp to book a slot decide closer to the date you is getting what.

Would not expect this to increase the fleet numbers, as folk in Aus have been saying they expect a lot of second hand ships to be making there way to them in the next few years.

My only concern is where are all these cruise ships going to go, many ports are now over run with ships , hence the great list of new ports for this year. But these to will fill up,. more sea days ? per cruise .

yours Shogun

Now there is a great idea. Southampton to Rio non stop, morning in Rio and then home.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

• 2 months later...

There Ventura During The Fleet

2 Years Later Ventura 2 Is Joining The Fleet

Joff Eaton From The Oriana Said It Is Ventura 2 At The Moment I Think They'll Call It Oriana Because Oriana Will be Going Because Its Registered To Carnival Cruises Now

Do You Mean Another New Ship?

Captain

Much too big for me.

I personally feel that any ship that cannot use the Panama Canal (current size, not planned new locks) is too damned big!

Have to agree with you.

I certainly won't be travelling on her or Ventura far too many passengers to embark and disembark.

Has anybody heard any romours about the Arcadia

When I first sailed on her 2006 there was gossip on board she was going over to Princess in 2008 but I see she is staying with P&O as we have booked her for July 2008 and then she starts the world cruise run in 2008.

Just interested as we love her and she is child free unlike the new Ventura and a possible Ventura 2 which at that size they will doubtless be family ships

Hi There,

Would not expect this to increase the fleet numbers, as folk in Aus have been saying they expect a lot of second hand ships to be making there way to them in the next few years.yours Shogun

Could you please send Oriana and Aurora down when you have finished with them.Thank you.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Have to agree with you.

I certainly won't be travelling on her or Ventura far too many passengers to embark and disembark.

Having just sailed on the Navigator of the seas ex Southampton, I can tell you that embarkation and disembarkation was far quicker than on P&O and i am a regular P&O cruiser. This on a ship with 3400 or so passengers.

Also tendering is far superior on RCI no delays so size don't matter!!!

Archived