QM2 - Embarkation and Disembarkation

Lauradublin

Hi,

It's my first time on the QM2 in July and you can guess how excited I am! Am sailing eastbound from NY to Southhampton. Have been reading all the threads with great curiosity. I have a question that I haven't seen the answer to.

When we embark - what's the earliest time for this? Is it better to be early or late to try and avoid all the queue's?

When we disembark, how early do we have to leave the ship? What proceedures do they have? I don't have to be at the airport in Southhampton until the afternoon.

Many thanks for any answers you can give me!

Laura

Hello,

Either plan to be at the port early for embarkation to get to the front of the line, or wait for an hour or two after embarkation has started. Those are the best ways to avoid lines. You will disembark in the early morning at the end of your cruise. You might want to stop for some shopping or early lunch before going to the airport. You can sit and wait in the airport for hours after a cruise. We often do a brief city tour to see the port city before leaving for the airport.

Best Regards,

Julia

Hi,

When we disembark, how early do we have to leave the ship? What proceedures do they have? I don't have to be at the airport in Southhampton until the afternoon.

Many thanks for any answers you can give me!

Laura

You will be given a colour/number on the evening before disembarkation and told where to wait to be called; first people off are QG and PG, and then it appeared that they worked down the decks. We were on deck 11 and actually left Southampton at about 10am. We had to vacate our cabin by 0830.

Have a wonderful crossing.

At southampton i believe the red tags are given to those travelling to an airport after disembarkation... in my case, i was given a red #3 tag, as i was travelling to heathrow terminal 3.... With a red tag, we got off pretty quick the only complaint was it took a while in the royal court theatre to get called off. Then again everything seemed bad that day because i was sad to be leaving hahaha

I'd recommend getting there early on embarkation day. Then you can settle in and have a nice afternoon exploring the ship before sailaway. At disembarkation, I chose self help for which I registered the day before. Under this option, you can be the one of the first off after docking, if you're willing to carry your own bags without assistance.

• 2 weeks later...

Please ignor the previous question. I suddenly realized that I have already asked, and received an answer, on a previous thread. Our tickets arrived yesterday and the excitement must have gone to my head. QM2 - here we come. :-)

Archived