"RCCL needs to Keep Voyager or Freedom class in Port Canaveral!!

So did ya book it??

Ok,im confused,,,,,,,Vision class fits under the bridge(i.e Legend,Grandeur).so why doesnt the EN?? They mde it longer,not higher,didnt they??

After Enchantment got stretched, it couldn't fit. Not sure what made her taller. RCCL had actually announced last year that EN would be doing 4 and 5 nighters from Tampa with Navigator doing 4/5 from Ft. Lauderdale. Then, they had to keep EN in Fort Lauderdale. We'd love to sail her from Tampa as it is not a bad drive and have heard that the Concierge, Julian, is incredible.

You should all try living in a state that has only one port (except that Houston just shelled out millions for their new port and no takers) with only one RCI ship only 4 months out of the year now. No short cruise options at all, only 7 day Voyager and in the winter yet, no summer cruises, wonderful for families! You Florida people are so spoiled, 12 ships!! I would be happy to drive 3 hours to avoid flying to get to a port. We in Texas have had nothing but older ships and only two of them for years but we never complained about not getting a Voyager or Radiance class ship. We were happy to have Rhapsody and Splendour and the nice option of 4, 5, and 7 day cruises all year round. Now we just have the aforementioned Voyager in the winter. Now, WE should be able to complain in all good conscience. You should go see our thread about losing our ships. Why can't they just devide up all the ships, put a big one in every port along with some older smaller ones and make everybody happy?:rolleyes:

Julian is indeed incredible.the best concierge we ever had........

Still dont know about EN being taller..........:confused:

EN is not taller. Per Julian last month...The En is now too long to make the turnaround in Tampa. The channel is too narrow. He said the crew had been very excited about Tampa (they hate FLL). They had a meeting of the entire crew to explain why they were not going. It is (if I remember correctly) something like 5 feet too long to be considered safe,

Is 3 hours that much more to drive??? :rolleyes: Think about it..........for 7 days on a RCCL ship which we all seem to prefer?....

Yeah, 11 hours from Blacksburg VA to PC is a good day's drive, 14 hours is way too much. However, I see you live in Ocala so I can understand no big deal to you.

Happy cruising!

saw medic123's post about EN being too long to turn around. Wonder if Port of Tampa can increase the size of the turning basin. DB and SIL live in Sarasota and we could at least have dinner with them the night before the cruise. The port would be a lot let congested than Fort Lauderdale. RCCL has not announced EN's itinerary for winter 2009 -- maybe she'll be sent somewhere else.

Quick question to Floridians -- how bad is it to drive to the Miami port on a Sunday morning (we would be staying near the FLL airport). And how bad is it to disembark when you have Diamond status. And how bad is it drive out of Miami at that time?

After Enchantment got stretched, it couldn't fit. Not sure what made her taller. RCCL had actually announced last year that EN would be doing 4 and 5 nighters from Tampa with Navigator doing 4/5 from Ft. Lauderdale. Then, they had to keep EN in Fort Lauderdale. We'd love to sail her from Tampa as it is not a bad drive and have heard that the Concierge, Julian, is incredible.

Julian is indeed incredible.the best concierge we ever had........

Still dont know about EN being taller..........:confused:

Yes, Julian is incredible with his guests. I'll second that he is the best we have ever had, also.

Thanks for the answer on the Tampa port, Medic. I wouldn't mind taking a cruise out of Tampa. Been there a couple times, and loved the trips. Good airfare from the North.

And yes, I feel for you cruisers in Texas. We were scheduled to go out of Galveston this coming October until RCI pulled the switch with Rhapsody. That was until they called us and cancelled our reservation.

Quick question to Floridians -- how bad is it to drive to the Miami port on a Sunday morning (we would be staying near the FLL airport). And how bad is it to disembark when you have Diamond status. And how bad is it drive out of Miami at that time?

Sunday morning would be the best day outta the week........shouldnt be as much traffic as a workday........I would say 45 mins from Ft lauderdale to Miami.........and being you can be one of the first off(probably around 7-7:30am)you should be ok...............I imagine Sunday morning(traffic) in Miami would be pretty quiet after a Saturday night in SoBeach!!:D

saw medic123's post about EN being too long to turn around. Wonder if Port of Tampa can increase the size of the turning basin. DB and SIL live in Sarasota and we could at least have dinner with them the night before the cruise. The port would be a lot let congested than Fort Lauderdale. RCCL has not announced EN's itinerary for winter 2009 -- maybe she'll be sent somewhere else.

Just made the drive last month for the Liberty Pre-Inaugural and it takes me nine hours to drive from Miami to Atlanta and that is stopping once for gas and to grab a bite to eat. Very easy drive out of Miami. I have driven it at least five or six times now in the last two or three years. Traffic is not that bad on the turnpike which you can catch just north of Miami. I-95 can be somewhat congested around Palm Beach due to road construction but after that it's easy driving.

I love Miami more than any other port that I have cruised from but then I like Miami. I'm not afraid of people who may be from a different culture than I. It's a great place to start a cruise and to spend a few days pre-cruise.

Wow, we used to live in Roswell and visit family in Melbourne, FL (where we live now...about 3 hours north of Miami off of I95) and our trip took AT LEAST 7 hours...and that's going about 80 most of the way.

Is your car, perhaps, fueled with rocket fuel?:D

Wow, we used to live in Roswell and visit family in Melbourne, FL (where we live now...about 3 hours north of Miami off of I95) and our trip took AT LEAST 7 hours...and that's going about 80 most of the way.

Is your car, perhaps, fueled with rocket fuel?:D

Keep it at 80 all the way. Sometimes a little faster. Straight down I-75 to the turnpike in Wildwood and then down to Miami. That nine hours is drive time only and does not include my stop for gas and eating.

Maybe it was bad timing leaving Atlanta on my part..or the horrible traffic on 400 (I don't miss the traffic but I miss northern Atlanta).

Sorry to hijack the thread...back to the topic at hand!!!

Maybe it was bad timing leaving Atlanta on my part..or the horrible traffic on 400 (I don't miss the traffic but I miss northern Atlanta).

Sorry to hijack the thread...back to the topic at hand!!!

I live two miles from 400 and yes it's still horrible but when heading south I leave at 5:00 in the morning and miss all of Atlanta traffic.:)

It took us 5 hrs from Orlando and that was down the turn pike and we did go 80 and construction....I would never drive to Miami again....I did not like our drive in...now going back out seem to be a little easier.

I just couldn't believe how fast people was moving on the turnpike...people flew by us and we was going 80...sorry that is just to fast.

Also share this with this thread my email from crown and anchor about this subject...I know I wish they would just decide if we're getting a ship to replace..

Thank you for your e-mail.

Your comments regarding the Mariner of the Seas being redeployed to the West Coast is appreciated. At this time, we have no information on whether or not another ship will replace her. However, a copy of your e-mail has been forwarded to management.

thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Doris Wilhelm

Customer Service Representative

[THREAD ID:1-4CI28J]

-----Original Message-----

To: <crownandanchor@rccl.com>

Subject: Disappointment

...as a faithful Royal Caribbean cruiser since I found Royal Caribbean in 2005. Now that your taking the Mariner out of Port Canaveral in 2009 and have no plans yet to replace it...as schedule looks. I hate to see that I will have to go with Carnival..because Port Canaveral is our favorite port we tried Tampa and Miami and didn't care for them as much as we like Port Canaveral. We always like to combine it with Disney World so I hate to have to go with like I said Carnival or Disney cruise lines... I sure hope you don't keep us without a 7 day cruise from there.

Thank You

Just made the drive last month for the Liberty Pre-Inaugural and it takes me nine hours to drive from Miami to Atlanta and that is stopping once for gas and to grab a bite to eat. Very easy drive out of Miami. I have driven it at least five or six times now in the last two or three years. Traffic is not that bad on the turnpike which you can catch just north of Miami. I-95 can be somewhat congested around Palm Beach due to road construction but after that it's easy driving.

I love Miami more than any other port that I have cruised from but then I like Miami. I'm not afraid of people who may be from a different culture than I. It's a great place to start a cruise and to spend a few days pre-cruise.

And we're from near Hiltion Head so it should be even faster for us. Thanks for the tips. We found congestion around Palm Beach when we drove to FLL for a crusie on Jewel in 2006 but folks said the turnpike would have better than 95.

Sunday morning would be the best day outta the week........shouldnt be as much traffic as a workday........I would say 45 mins from Ft lauderdale to Miami.........and being you can be one of the first off(probably around 7-7:30am)you should be ok...............I imagine Sunday morning(traffic) in Miami would be pretty quiet after a Saturday night in SoBeach!!:D

Thanks.

And we're from near Hiltion Head so it should be even faster for us. Thanks for the tips. We found congestion around Palm Beach when we drove to FLL for a crusie on Jewel in 2006 but folks said the turnpike would have better than 95.

You can jump on the turnpike in Ft. Pierce.

Also share this with this thread my email from crown and anchor about this subject...I know I wish they would just decide if we're getting a ship to replace..

Your comments regarding the Mariner of the Seas being redeployed to the West Coast is appreciated. At this time, we have no information on whether or not another ship will replace her. However, a copy of your e-mail has been forwarded to management.

Doris Wilhelm

...as a faithful Royal Caribbean cruiser since I found Royal Caribbean in 2005. Now that your taking the Mariner out of Port Canaveral in 2009 and have no plans yet to replace it...as schedule looks. I hate to see that I will have to go with Carnival..because Port Canaveral is our favorite port we tried Tampa and Miami and didn't care for them as much as we like Port Canaveral. We always like to combine it with Disney World so I hate to have to go with like I said Carnival or Disney cruise lines... I sure hope you don't keep us without a 7 day cruise from there.

Thank You

Did you email customer service, Crown & Anchor, or Adam Goldstein -- seems like different departments have different answers.

Doris Wilhelm

Thank You

Did you email Customer Service, Crown & Anchor or Adam Goldstein. Think we might be getting different answers from different areas.

Archived