Teeth whitening on Crown

heyall

Did anyone do teeth whitening on Crown or any other Princess ship? We are contemplaiting wether to do it at home or on the ship. From the Princess Patters that we've seen it looks like it's actually 1/2 price on the cruise. In NY it's usually $350 per person, on a cruise it's $350 per couple. But we wonder about the quality of their whitening??? Thank you in advance.

Did anyone do teeth whitening on Crown or any other Princess ship? We are contemplaiting wether to do it at home or on the ship. From the Princess Patters that we've seen it looks like it's actually 1/2 price on the cruise. In NY it's usually $350 per person, on a cruise it's $350 per couple. But we wonder about the quality of their whitening??? Thank you in advance.

They did offer it on our Crown cruises but I would never consider such a procedure while on a cruise though.:)

I can't even use Crest Whitestrips, they hurt my teeth terribly. No way would I do whitening on a ship - I wouldn't take a chance having my teeth hurt on a cruise.

If you go to Cruisedailies.com and look for my Crown Princess Patters that are posted, it showed the prices when there were specials in the Patters.

This procedure is becoming very popular on ships these days but a word of caution to those with crowns - they WON'T whiten like the surrounding teeth! I was told by my dentist that if I wanted to whiten my teeth, I'd have to replace my crowns to match my new white teeth! Not going to happen!

An interesting question. If something goes wrong with the whitening treatment offered on the ship after you disembark, i.e. some sort of reaction --what recourse do you have?

If I go to my dentist, at least I know I can come back and get things treated and/or fixed. No way I'm getting my teeth treated in a beauty parlor, thank you very much!

George+

Thanks for eveyones input. I am keeping my dentist appointment which is 1 month BEFORE i sail, we won't chance it even thought we are still paying double. If anyone did this procedure at the dentist, how much is the average cost at the dentist in NY area? Thanks again

There's the Crest whitening strips (that someone mentioned) that you can buy at the store (about $30) and then there's the professional strength Crest whitening strips a dentist can sell you (about $50). My husband and I have both used the professional strength strips and they really worked! Amazing! I was calling my husband Mr White Teeth for about 6 months (then you gotta do it again). I have a lot of fillings and crowns so they didn't work quite as good on me but it was still a huge improvement. We just used them once a day for about a month. Some people can use them twice a day for a couple weeks if they are not the sensitive type.

Archived