Need Help With Gratuties

Proud Mom

I Know The Norwegian Charges Gratuties To Your Room. It Ends Up Being A Pool Where It Gets Divided Among Staff. Now My Question, Can You Tell Me If The Kids Program Is Included In This Pool Or Do You Tip Them? Also Can You Give Me An Idea How Much Is Appropriate.

I Appreciate Any Help I Can Get.

The kids club is NOT included. My 2 boys loved them and I gave them $100.00 at the end of the cruise. The kids club splits the money up between everyone at the kids club though. Have a great cruise!!!!!

The kids club is NOT included. My 2 boys loved them and I gave them $100.00 at the end of the cruise. The kids club splits the money up between everyone at the kids club though. Have a great cruise!!!!!

THANKS FOR GETTING BACK TO ME SO FAST. THE PEOPLE AT THE KIDS CLUB WORK HARD AND GIVE THE KIDS A GREAT TIME. THEY SHOULD BE APPRICIATED FOR WHAT THEY DO. I WANTED TO MAKE SURE THEY WEREN'T LEFT OUT.

Keep in mind that the people they have staffing the kids programs are regular cruise staff and so make a much better wage up front than the servers and stewards. It's been a few years but when I used the service we were told explicitedly not to tip them. This was on a competeting cruise line.

This was on a competeing cruiseline and was about 8 years ago. But the head of the program was very clear about it when we went to orientation the first night.

NCL could run it differently.

Wow!! That Is The First Time I Heard That. I've Been Reading These Boards And I Read Of Others Who Did Tip The Kids Program But I Wasn't Sure How Much. Thanks For Sharing Your Info.

What do you do when you're typing that automatically capitalizes the first letter of every word? I've seen it before, but can't for the life of me figure out how it's done, and more importantly, what the dang purpose of it is!

What do you do when you're typing that automatically capitalizes the first letter of every word? I've seen it before, but can't for the life of me figure out how it's done, and more importantly, what the dang purpose of it is!

Capitalizing the first letter of every word is marginally better than capitalizing EVERY letter of EVERY word. But I can see no purpose in doing either.

I don't know how it happened. I was trying to capitalize every letter. I thought it would help others see it better. I didn't mean anything by it. Sorry if it offended you.

Proud Mom, just so you know, on the internet when you type in ALL CAPS it is considered SHOUTING, so best to type regularly. Some people do take offense.

Not being critical, just thought you would want to know! :)

Generally, around the end of your cruise there will be tip envelopes out for the kids crew. Maybe the other cruise line pays them better so tips are not expected, but that was 8 years ago and a different line. NCL lets you tip them. They do a great service also. They have never said they do not want to be tipped.

Proud Mom, it's a good thing you didn't make a critical remark about a cruise AND type in caps. They'd have sucked the oxygen completely out of you. I think it might have something to do with their failing eye sight since it's clear from your content that you were merely asking a question and not yelling. Apparently you've had more going on in your life than living every second on the internet, otherwise you'd know what was expected of you. : )

As far as your question is concerned, and judging from the reply from silkhair, you may make a separate donation SEPARATELY from the on board charge - envelopes will be provided. I'd suggest that no more than $25 per kid should suffice to supplement this "free" service the ship provides so they can market more effectively to families.

It's amazing to me. The cruise line (as usual) wants to have their cake while they eat it. Doesn't the contract say that passage, food, and ENTERTAINMENT is covered in the cruise fare? What's the difference between trivia contests or pool games for adults and finger painting and scavenger hunts for kids? When do we start to tip the cruise director, the cruise staff and the entertainers for providing adult diversions on board?

I'd check this policy out with NCL customer service or with your TA to feel certain about any of it.

Capitalizing the first letter of every word is marginally better than capitalizing EVERY letter of EVERY word. But I can see no purpose in doing either.

Wow you just never let up with your acerbic responses to those who don't do things or see things as you do. You really need to lighten up. Your responses add so little to those threads.

Archived