Buying Blazers and Sports Jackets

colette5479

Try thrift shops and consignment shops.

Thrifts are usually the least expensive. Consignment shops located in or near upper class neighborhoods will sometimes have some really good merchandise at a reasonable price.

Happy Hunting :D

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=seagreen]Collette, if you hurry, most of the stores are having their summer clearance sales, with coupons, Saturday early bird specials, etc.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#2e8b57][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#2e8b57]You may be able to find one at one of the anchor department stores in the malls. [/color][/size][/font]

Thanks for all of your suggestions! I had forgotten about Eddie Bauer and Burlington Coat Factory...both great stores! I went to JC Penney's online and found out how to measure for a coat but I did not like their styles. He would love to go looking like Don Johnson on Miami Vice...LOL!!!
Thanks again!

Had to replace my navy blue blazer that got damaged in our suitcase on our last cruise. :eek: After several exasperating trips through department stores (not paying those prices when I know I can get it cheaper), DW and I went back to the thrift store where we bought the previous blazer. Found one that fits perfect and is in like new condition for $8. Great news. Even better news, blazer came with a pair of navy slacks made by a different company but of same material and dye shade. Pants fit without altering as well. :D
Way I look at it, I just saved some valuable cash I can direct toward more important things like fun in the sun on our next cruise. And who's going to know it's from a thrift shop on our next cruise? Probably everyone as DW and other wives like to discuss their e-bay and thrift shop finds around the dining tables at night.

It's a great ice breaker topic when dining with strangers and amazing to find out how many couples on the ship have put together their cruise wardrobes like us.

I purchased my entire tuxedo wear from jacket and pants to vest, tie, shoes, suspenders and pearl studs from separate e-bay purchases and the entire set cost me about $75.

[quote name='98Charlie']Had to replace my navy blue blazer that got damaged in our suitcase on our last cruise. :eek: After several exasperating trips through department stores (not paying those prices when I know I can get it cheaper), DW and I went back to the thrift store where we bought the previous blazer. Found one that fits perfect and is in like new condition for $8. Great news. Even better news, blazer came with a pair of navy slacks made by a different company but of same material and dye shade. Pants fit without altering as well. :D
Way I look at it, I just saved some valuable cash I can direct toward more important things like fun in the sun on our next cruise. And who's going to know it's from a thrift shop on our next cruise? Probably everyone as DW and other wives like to discuss their e-bay and thrift shop finds around the dining tables at night.

It's a great ice breaker topic when dining with strangers and amazing to find out how many couples on the ship have put together their cruise wardrobes like us.

I purchased my entire tuxedo wear from jacket and pants to vest, tie, shoes, suspenders and pearl studs from separate e-bay purchases and the entire set cost me about $75.[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea! I will check around at the local consignment stores then. The DH has some nice Dockers so all I need to get are a couple of blazers and some dress shirts. I appreciate all of the ideas!!

Archived