Review Sapphire Princess and 7 Day Independent Land Tour

LarryF

To date, more than 15000 people have looked at your review. Word has gotten around how wonderful you write. I suspect your review will become a must read for everyone as they plan their Alaska trip. We leave in 2 weeks for a trip that will duplicate much of your itinerary. You made us all the more anxious to get to Alaska. Thanks for sharing.

It's more like a legend in my own mind! I had this vision of me with my new found fame :rolleyes: demanding Amy start serving me breakfast in bed and the next vision is of me screaming when she dumps hot eggs and steaming coffee on my pajama bottoms (with me in them)! :eek:

I hope you have a great time on your trip and am happy if I was able to give you some good suggestions.

Thanks,

Larry

At the request of some of you fine folks, I copied my entire travel journal and placed it on the member review section at the this link,

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=30808

I took the liberty of correcting some typos and made an edit here or there. It's really long when it's all put together, well over 60 pages!

Take care,

Larry

I had this vision of me with my new found fame :rolleyes: demanding Amy start serving me breakfast in bed and the next vision is of me screaming when she dumps hot eggs and steaming coffee on my pajama bottoms (with me in them)! :eek:

ROFLMBO!!!!!!!! Give Amy a big hug from KY for letting you share your vacation with us!

(and I've put your link into my "favorites" to review a few more times in the next couple weeks!)

ROFLMBO!!!!!!!! Give Amy a big hug from KY for letting you share your vacation with us!

(and I've put your link into my "favorites" to review a few more times in the next couple weeks!)

Cjnky,

You have a great sick sense of humor like I do...I know you'll have a blast in AK!

Larry

LarryF, I wanted to thank you for the time you put in to giving us all such a wonderful review. I loved how you put the links to each place you could. We are going May 2008 and because of your review I have ideas of new places and things to see and do.

I think you are a fantastic writer and should seriously consider writing a book. I know I'd buy it.

I hope to meet you someday in our travels.:)

Debbie

LarryF, I wanted to thank you for the time you put in to giving us all such a wonderful review. I loved how you put the links to each place you could. We are going May 2008 and because of your review I have ideas of new places and things to see and do.

I think you are a fantastic writer and should seriously consider writing a book. I know I'd buy it.

I hope to meet you someday in our travels.:)

Debbie

Thanks, Debbie. You're very kind.

Larry

At the request of some of you fine folks, I copied my entire travel journal and placed it on the member review section at the this link,

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=30808

I took the liberty of correcting some typos and made an edit here or there. It's really long when it's all put together, well over 60 pages!

Take care,

Larry

Larry, thanks for going extra miles to put them together for us.

MIke and I consider us very lucky to have been on the cruise with Amy & Larry.......Hopefully someday we will cruise together again........Donna

Thanks Donna, wish we could join ou on the Crown in October. I'm sure we'll hook up again on a cruise in the future...

Larry

Larry

You have provided us the true meaning of an Alaskan cruise and the beauty of our northern state. We wish you continued success in your current endeavor and when you finally retire, I'm sure you will have the best future as a novelist or essay writer. From one Georgian to another, congrats and Godspeed.

Danny

What a great review!! We are on the NCL Pearl sailing on Sept. 2, 2007 and cannot wait. We are renting a car in Skagway to drive to Emerald Lake. With all your stops, how long did this trip take you? Do u reccommend this trip over the White Pass train excursion?

Thanks

What a great review!! We are on the NCL Pearl sailing on Sept. 2, 2007 and cannot wait. We are renting a car in Skagway to drive to Emerald Lake. With all your stops, how long did this trip take you? Do u reccommend this trip over the White Pass train excursion?

Thanks

We left at 8:30 a.m. and returned at 5:30 p.m., so it was 9 hours. It's only 150 miles roundtrip, so you have lots and lots of time to make stops and eat lunch.

I have never taken the White Pass train, so I could not recommend the drive over the train, but I can tell you that the drive was incredible and I highly recommend it.

Thanks,

Larry

Thanks

I know this is Larry's thread (what an amazing review). But, I did the train up and bus back--I highly recommend that. From the train, we could see things the bus couldn't and visa versa....

Thanks

You'll love the Pearl! And you'll love Alaska! Send me an email at

brunolvr@hotmail.com

Dear Larry,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We left home on 7-15 and returned late last night, so didn't get to read the ending until just now. After being gone for two weeks myself, I am really impressed that you wrote this. I kept a journal, but it is very sketchy toward the end. We had a great trip, but we were so busy that I had little time to write. Happy travels!

Elsie:cool:

Thanks Elsie...Glad you had a great time!

Amy and I may be going back to Alaska next May or June we loved it so much. We are probably taking our son and daughter on a 7 day Caribbean cruise during spring break and hopefully will go back to Alaska in May or June. We won't be able to afford 2 weeks again, so I am pondering doing a cruise again on a different line with a different itinerary or fly into Anchorage and do anohter independent land tour to different places like McCarthy, Valdez and possibly Homer, or possibly flying to Katmai or Kodiak to see the bears!

Larry

We won't be able to afford 2 weeks again, so I am pondering doing a cruise again on a different line with a different itinerary or fly into Anchorage and do anohter independent land tour to different places like McCarthy, Valdez and possibly Homer, or possibly flying to Katmai or Kodiak to see the bears!

I highly recommend McCarthy/Kennicott, Valdez, and Homer!

My husband liked our Alaska cruise, but I doubt he'll be going back next year. I might return to Alaska - without him! :D

I highly recommend McCarthy/Kennicott, Valdez, and Homer!

My husband liked our Alaska cruise, but I doubt he'll be going back next year. I might return to Alaska - without him! :D

If we decide to go to McCarth/Kennicott, Valdez and Homer we'll bring you along to be our tour guide!!

We are not planning another Alaska trip yet, but I have to be in Vancouver for a conference in June, 2008. I'm thinking combine business with pleasure for either an Alaska or western Canada tour. Probably land tours and not cruising. The cruise was great, but I also really liked the land tour. "It's all good"

Elsie:cool:

• 1 month later...

Larry, I found your review last night and stayed up 'til the wee hours reading the entire review! You captured the emotions of your trip so vividly, and I was very touched by it all. We're going on a Coral Princess cruise next June 9 and I'm beginning my "research" as we intend to stay on for about 5 more nights. The photos and video are incredible! Makes me want to sign up for a photography basic course so I can have a chance at getting half as good pictures as you did! Keep writing, and keep shooting that camera! Wonderful report!!!

Larry -

Your review should be a primer for anyone planning a trip to Alaska! You have given us more information than any guidebook could possibly do, and you have managed to bring your Alaskan adventure to life.

Thanks for all the great info. We are northbound next May on Coral, so maybe we will be lucky enough to be on the same ship!

Archived