Hotel Galvez - rates?

AKB10

Several of us in our cc group are interested in staying at Hotel Galvez the Saturday night before our 2-10-08 cruise. These dates have not been released yet, but we have wondered what rates others have gotten. Looking on there website for a Sat during off peak time is running about $161 - web rate. Also is there ways to get discounts? We know about AAA and senior rates, but not all of can use these. I have read reviews where others have gotten rooms for approximately $100. Help us get the best rate for when these dates are released.

Thank You!

I stayed at the Tremont earlier this year before our cruise and it was fantastic. Walking distance to restaurants, bars and the ship. We parked for free at the Galvez for the week. Drove the car there, shuttled back to the Tremont and walked to the ship. It was a great hotel. I have not stayed at Harbor House. I'm hoping to get a room at the Tremont before our 1/27 cruise for the night before. They may require 2 night minimum stay for us since it's Mardi Gras weekend, but if we stay 4 to a room rather than 2 rooms of 2, it should be OK. Prices will be much higher, though.

Archived