Happy Hour Sales GONE!

operafan

Just tried to go over to the above website and the entire thing is changed. You now must register and TA's have a separate site to log into. Tried to register but couldn't. It asks if you're a TA, then when you say NO it still requires a company name, title, referral from X, etc. Why am I not surprised.............

Hi, this must have just happened because I was able to

check the site on Monday and saw quite a few specials for this

week.

I will look tomorrow when I get to the office (the link is

on my pc at work).

Yes, they should expect that (drop in bookings).

I will check the website for specials weekly, and may book one. I will not call my TA every week to ask if there are any specials. I suspect I am not unique in this.

Hey, we can always call every Tuesday to find out what the Xciting offers are...bet they'll get tired of all the extra phone traffic real quick!!

The Xceptional offers are still there. (Different website) The Happy Hour site had both RCCL and X specials and were posted weekly and not always the same as the Xceptional offers.

The Xceptional offers are still there. (Different website) The Happy Hour site had both RCCL and X specials and were posted weekly and not always the same as the Xceptional offers.

Operafan -- thanks for correcting me...just checked the page I printed yesterday from the "happy hour" link I had and it's titled "Exciting Deals" not Xceptional offers as I stated in my original post. Not having this tool to check every week really ticks me off!

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/happy_hour/XcitingDeals_CEL_tues.pdf

Operafan -- thanks for correcting me...just checked the page I printed yesterday from the "happy hour" link I had and it's titled "Exciting Deals" not Xceptional offers as I stated in my original post. Not having this tool to check every week really ticks me off!

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/happy_hour/XcitingDeals_CEL_tues.pdf

:) It took me 10 minutes to write that post! I had to go back and check which were the "Xciting" offers and which were the "Xceptional" offers......Hmmmm.... If you go straight to the X website I hear they're featuring Xcruciating offers now.

:) It took me 10 minutes to write that post! I had to go back and check which were the "Xciting" offers and which were the "Xceptional" offers......Hmmmm.... If you go straight to the X website I hear they're featuring Xcruciating offers now.

lol. I suspect they are hoping you will go for the Xpensive offers, too.

Will wait to hear the real scoop from some of the TA types on the board but in the meantime, we're disappointed. We actually just got in on one of these deals for the very first time ... and if we hadn't, we wouldn't be cruising this summer. We didn't expect to see a June Mercury/Alaska cruise turn up as a "happy hour" sale but when it did, we jumped. Wouldn't have paid the regular price though, since we've cruised to Alaska twice already. We really enjoy using the web to hunt for bargains and secrets and hope that somebody will soon reveal a revised way for all of us to still keep an eye on whatever deals come down the chute ...

TR

Mercury AK 6/29/07

Galaxy PC 4/06

Mercury AK 8/05

Millennium EC 12/04

Mercury CA-MX 4/04

Infinity AK 8/03

Century WC 3/03

Century EC 9/02

What's the sense in having these happy hour specials & then trying to hide them from potential passengers? It just seems as if Celebrity makes a conscious effort to turn off loyal guests.:confused: :( :mad:

What's the sense in having these happy hour specials & then trying to hide them from potential passengers? It just seems as if Celebrity makes a conscious effort to turn off loyal guests.:confused: :( :mad:

Hi Rich !

Sometimes, it DOES seem that way. IMHO, I cant see the harm in letting us see the Happy Hour deals. All this is going to do, is annoy TA's by us asking them to check Happy Hour deals all the time, and waste a LOT of Captains Club and Celebrity reservations time, by us calling and asking about Happy Hour deals. Why should they want their phone lines tied up with this ? Not to mention that most all of these calls are placed on toll-free lines, and it will only add to their phone bill.

Celebrity should simply put a Happy Hour link on their website, and let us all see them. How about it Celebrity ? It's a win-win for everyone !

Hi Rich !

Sometimes, it DOES seem that way. IMHO, I cant see the harm in letting us see the Happy Hour deals. All this is going to do, is annoy TA's by us asking them to check Happy Hour deals all the time, and waste a LOT of Captains Club and Celebrity reservations time, by us calling and asking about Happy Hour deals. Why should they want their phone lines tied up with this ? Not to mention that most all of these calls are placed on toll-free lines, and it will only add to their phone bill.

Celebrity should simply put a Happy Hour link on their website, and let us all see them. How about it Celebrity ? It's a win-win for everyone !

Hi Andy, this would have been THE Question for Dan during

the interview yesterday...."What is the method behind the Madness"?:eek:

Seriously, she could have posed this to him....why take

away the link??

I had no problems checking in on the specials. No logging in or anything

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/promowave/CEL.pdf

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/promowave/RCL.pdf

Hi Rick !

Thanks for the update. The links didnt work yesterday. I checked them myself. Maybe it was a glitch or something. Who knows.

I had no problems checking in on the specials. No logging in or anything

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/promowave/CEL.pdf

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/promowave/RCL.pdf

Those were the links for promowave- the specials there were not as cheap as the happy hour - tuesday only specials.

I saw the same Alaska cruise listed for one price on the promowave site and a much lower (a couple of hundred less) on the happy hour Tuesday only booking site.

I noticed yesterday that the happy hour webiste was no longer available but the promowave site was still there, but I was going to wait until Friday to ask just in case they were fixing the happy hour site to get rid of the old info.

Perhaps as a community service, some TA's who use the boards can just list the happy hour sales for us as they find them .

Archived