Passport checks?

I noticed on our flight documents it talked about a passport check when changing planes. Do you have to do this when you are continuing on the same airlines? We have a 2 hour difference in our flights with Britsh Airways and we dont want to waist anytime since we go from Terminal 4 to 1.

They estimate going from terminal 4 to 1 takes 75 mins. anyone know?

If our first flight get delayed we could be in trouble.

Yikes!

Brenda and Bob

Peoria, AZ

Yikes is right.

Last year we had to make a BA connecting flight through Heathrow with 2 hours difference between flights. We got off our plane and started for the other terminal. Halfway through we encountered a security check point which had lines wrapping around and around. There was no way we would be able to make our connecting flight. I spotted an express line reserved for first class or priority passengers. I begged the BA attendant for mercy and showed her our connecting flight ticket and time. She took pity on us and let us use the express line. We made the connecting flight by about 15 minutes.

That was last year when security was extremely tight and perhaps a little unreasonable. I don't know what the current security situation is but hopefully two hours is sufficient.

We hate the change from Terminal 4 to 1 (or vise versa). The problem is that Terminal 4 is isolated all the way on the other side of the airport..in fact it even has its own tube station. The 75 minute estimate is reasonable since you will need to wait for the shuttle bus, and than you will have to go back through the passport check once you arrive at Terminal 1. Also keep in mind that Terminal 1 is a pretty big building so you will have some walking once you arrive at that terminal.

Hank

Thank you we're going to look into getting a flight with more time

in between if possible. Thank goodness for this board to help out with

details and keep problems from happening.

There is so much I wouldnt realize to even think of things happening.

Yeah!

Brenda and Bob

Peoria,AZ

Archived