Gunne Sax

momofmeg

Goodness I must be the only child of that "era" that never liked the Gunne Sax look. Guess I never have been one to follow the latest trend in fashion! :o

No, I hated it too. My mother bought me one and made me wear it to my brother's wedding (1982). I was 15 and the dress looked like it was meant for a 7 year old. I hated it!

No, I hated it too. My mother bought me one and made me wear it to my brother's wedding (1982). I was 15 and the dress looked like it was meant for a 7 year old. I hated it!

You know I had my engagement picture made in 1982 with my husband in a Gunne Sax dress and I was 27. I never thought I looked "little girlish" at all-just victorian.

Now that I am 50 plus though I would look silly in them I guess, although I still occasionially buy a Jessica or Scott Mcclintock dress.

what gets me though is that bohemian look is in again and so people can wear 20 year old dresses and they are "IN" again.

My daughter is 23 now and she looked very much a woman in her dress she recently bought.

As far as idiots buying things off e-bay and wanting to return them, most sellers stipulate all sales are final or there is a 7 day window for returning-so I would just ignore a jerk wanting to return something 3 months later. Heck even most stores will at the most give you the CLEARANCE price on an item as in 3 months the item is always on sale and on clearance-even if you still have the receipt and the tags are attached.

The gunne Sax dresses are under "vintage" so idiots should know they are old. All flaws are stipulated by most sellers. One gown had a stain on it and it still went for $50. It was done in a french toile pattern-so I guess that is why-but I would not had paid $10 for it myself with that stain.

Archived