cameras

I am taking both underwater and my digital along with extra memory cards. I take underwater cameras just to play around with in the ports while doing water activities and still take my digital for those really special pics I want.

One the Elation they had a photo maker machine and I was too excited to wait 'til we got home for my pics so I found myself at that thing several times, printing off pics, it was so easy, just insert your S&S and print! :D

I take a lot of pics!

Some of the best pictures I have ever taken were with a Kodak Panoramic disposable camera. I used it on our Alaska cruise when we were in Glacier Bay. The photos of the glaciers, the blue sky with white clouds, the different colors of the ice, the seals.......truly beautiful......frame quality. In fact some folks asked me if they were postcards. ;) gg

My vote would be to take the digital camera, a charger, an extra battery and two large memory cards. I don't use the disposable cameras but can see they have their uses.

Put some method of identification on your camera. Many people forget to pick up their cameras when going past the security check points. It's a lot easier to find you if your ship's name and cabin number or email address are on your camera. Some of the travel insurance places give out stickers to put on cameras, etc. for this purpose.

Take digital for pictures on ship and only if we're only walking around in port. Take underwater throw away camera for excursions where I won't have my digital with me at all times. Also, always bring my charger just in case.

I take both. I buy a disposable for in water pics and a digital for everything else. I also carry extra batteries, extra memory cards and batteries charger. I try to remember to charge my batteries at nite so they have a full charge.

Two digitals and underwater disposables. Yes take your charger, you don't want to have a dead camera with a couple days to go. If your camera can also use regular batteries take some of them too, they're very expensive on board. Be sure to charge your batteries before you leave home.

Archived