Carmel Car

cot427

I am taking Carmel Car from JFK to my hotel. It is much easier for 5 people than a cab. Are they nice and reliable?

Has anybody used their service before?

I used their service in March. You basically call them when you get your bags and they will meet you right outside. If you want them to come inside to the terminal its an extra charge. The cars are nice. They are basically Lincoln Town Cars...but not the Black kind with tinted windows. Just a regular looking lincoln towncar. Very easy and seamless.

Thanks for the infomation, but since I have five people, I will be taking a mini van. They look nice too. Way less trouble for 5 in a taxi. I think I made a good choice.

Thanks for the infomation, but since I have five people, I will be taking a mini van. They look nice too. Way less trouble for 5 in a taxi. I think I made a good choice.

Yes, I think you made the right choice! Its really good service so you shouldn't have any problems. I'm using them again this weekend. I leave to NYC tomorrow.

Their rates seemed to be higher though from Areceibo - even with the coupon.

Their website says $46 - coupon = $6.

Areceibo told me $35

Is this the correct rate from Carmel?

That is the correct price although it might even be higher for a minivan. I never heard of Areceibo but I can definitely vouch for Carmel.

Cot47 - You do have to call them to get the code for the coupon.

I've never heard of Areceibo either. Carmel was also the same as Dial 7 Service, but I chose Carmel because they seemed to be better. Thanks for the info about the coupon Name game.

I've never heard of Areceibo either. Carmel was also the same as Dial 7 Service, but I chose Carmel because they seemed to be better. Thanks for the info about the coupon Name game.

You're welcome. Just don't forget to bring the coupon with you like I did on my last trip. How annoying :(.

• 2 weeks later...

I just came back from New York yesterday. Carmel Car was okay, we had a few problems trying to find the mini van. The driver was nice, and we used the coupon. But, we booked a round trip, and only took the van to the hotel. We cancelled the van coming back, because we found a taxi driver that took us to the airport cheaper and faster in a taxi van. It was really easy and cheaper. I would recommend any kind of taxi from JFK over a car service.

I just came back from New York yesterday. Carmel Car was okay, we had a few problems trying to find the mini van. The driver was nice, and we used the coupon. But, we booked a round trip, and only took the van to the hotel. We cancelled the van coming back, because we found a taxi driver that took us to the airport cheaper and faster in a taxi van. It was really easy and cheaper. I would recommend any kind of taxi from JFK over a car service.

Were all five of you able to fit in one taxi?

Yeah, we used a van taxi from rockefeller Center to the hotel, and we were talking about going to the airport in the mornng. The taxi driver asked if we wanted him to pick us up in the morning. After a few "you are sure you are coming" to the driver, we said pick us up. It was a van, so it was very comfortable with 5 people. But we did feel bad that we canceld Won, our Carmel Car driver.

I've used Carmel several times in the past but last weekend we flew out of Newark and the driver was supposed to pick us up at the hotel at 5PM and arrived 15 minutes late. Was driving very slow, swerving in and out of lanes as cars zoomed passed him on the highway, didn't know where he was going and then dropped us off at the wrong terminal!! Then he had the nerve to get upset when we only gave him a $4 tip!!!We shouldn't have given him anything at all!

I've used Carmel several times in the past but last weekend we flew out of Newark and the driver was supposed to pick us up at the hotel at 5PM and arrived 15 minutes late. Was driving very slow, swerving in and out of lanes as cars zoomed passed him on the highway, didn't know where he was going and then dropped us off at the wrong terminal!! Then he had the nerve to get upset when we only gave him a $4 tip!!!We shouldn't have given him anything at all!

A friend of mine had trouble with Carmel over this past weekend too. The driver seemed to have no idea where he was going and also went to the wrong terminal. This person has used Carmel numerous times in the past without a problem. I think I will not refer them again until I hear their problems are being resolved. I wonder if it was the same bad driver.

A friend of mine had trouble with Carmel over this past weekend too. The driver seemed to have no idea where he was going and also went to the wrong terminal. This person has used Carmel numerous times in the past without a problem. I think I will not refer them again until I hear their problems are being resolved. I wonder if it was the same bad driver.

Hmm...Our driver was of asian descent and was using a GPS system that would give the directions in an Asian language...

BTW - I complained to Carmel - left a message with customer service, but no call back.

Yeah, we used a van taxi from rockefeller Center to the hotel, and we were talking about going to the airport in the mornng. The taxi driver asked if we wanted him to pick us up in the morning. After a few "you are sure you are coming" to the driver, we said pick us up. It was a van, so it was very comfortable with 5 people. But we did feel bad that we canceld Won, our Carmel Car driver.

There will be five of us as well with our cruise luggage (5 large suitcases). I was told that a VAN TAXI would not be able to accommodate all of us. Did you have lots of luggage also??

The van taxis can acommodate 5 people, but I don't know about your luggage situation. We had 5 of the small luggages that you could carry on the plane. We also had tons of shopping bags (you could definatly tell we are purse shopping). It fit in the back, but since you have 5 large luggage, it might be hard. But, the mini van was the same as the Carmel car, same size, but the taxi was yellow, not dark blue. Either way, it should be easy and fine. I hope this was helpful, and hope your vacation runs smoothly and is fun.

Hmm...Our driver was of asian descent and was using a GPS system that would give the directions in an Asian language...

BTW - I complained to Carmel - left a message with customer service, but no call back.

By the way, our driver "Won" was also of Asian decent, speaking his language through his cell phone, about 3 times during the trip.

It sounds like you both had the same driver that my mother and some friends of mine had trouble with. Maybe it's time for that driver to go, especially if he is ruining the reputation of the company.

The van taxis can acommodate 5 people, but I don't know about your luggage situation. We had 5 of the small luggages that you could carry on the plane. We also had tons of shopping bags (you could definatly tell we are purse shopping). It fit in the back, but since you have 5 large luggage, it might be hard. But, the mini van was the same as the Carmel car, same size, but the taxi was yellow, not dark blue. Either way, it should be easy and fine. I hope this was helpful, and hope your vacation runs smoothly and is fun.

Thanks for the info. I have a 7 seater minivan here at home and I'm pretty sure we couldnt get everyone and everything in it. Maybe the taxi vans in NYC are bigger?? I'm willing to try. Heck, we don't have that far to go, so I would hold my luggage on my LAP if I had to!!:D I just want to avoid taking two cabs and getting separated in NYC.

I will probably take a cab next time a visit New York City. Accually, I am thinking about taking a cruise out of New York/Cape Liberty next year. I am used to going in October, but by 2008, I will have a junior in high school, and a junior in college that wants to go, so we have to go in the summer. I believe that in early June it is cheaper than the rest of the summer. I don't think I will use Carmel Car again. I would give them a 3 out of 10.

I will probably take a cab next time a visit New York City. Accually, I am thinking about taking a cruise out of New York/Cape Liberty next year. I am used to going in October, but by 2008, I will have a junior in high school, and a junior in college that wants to go, so we have to go in the summer. I believe that in early June it is cheaper than the rest of the summer. I don't think I will use Carmel Car again. I would give them a 3 out of 10.

I am feeling guilty for recommending them. It depends on the airport as well. From LGA I would definitely cab it. If JFK then it's iffy. From Newark, it is much cheaper to take car service (to Manhattan of course). If you are cruising out of Cape Liberty in New Jersey, it is much cheaper for you to get to the pier from Newark. I mean SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than if you fly into one of the New York airports. Of course if you fly in early and stay in Manhattan for a few days then this is a moot point.

Don't feel guilty. It was my choice to choose them over Dial 7 and Golden Touch Shuttles. I was also debating over the Air Train from JFK to the Subway station into Manhattan. It was my choice, and I would use a cab again.

Archived