Carmel Car

cot427

Don't feel guilty. It was my choice to choose them over Dial 7 and Golden Touch Shuttles. I was also debating over the Air Train from JFK to the Subway station into Manhattan. It was my choice, and I would use a cab again.

Hmmm, I only know one person who did the Air Train from JFK. It was tough because he had to take the train to Jamaica, then the tram to the airport. Luckily he only had a carry on. He said it took forever.

I'm glad I decided not to take it. I was thinking about it because it was so cheap, but I had a person in my group that couldn't walk that much. We did fine walking in NYC, but I glad I didn't take the Air Train.

I took the Airtrain from Newark and it was fairly easy.You just have to time your arrival with when the next NJ transit train leaves so you aren't waiting for a long time. Once you get to Penn Station its a breeze to walk outside and get a cab. I would definately do the airtrain again from Newark.

I took the Airtrain from Newark and it was fairly easy.You just have to time your arrival with when the next NJ transit train leaves so you aren't waiting for a long time. Once you get to Penn Station its a breeze to walk outside and get a cab. I would definately do the airtrain again from Newark.

Do you remember how much the airtrain to Newark is? I am wondering if it is worth it for me to take a cab to Penn, then the airtrain. Or is it easier for me to just have the shared van service which is door to door for $15?

Do you remember how much the airtrain to Newark is? I am wondering if it is worth it for me to take a cab to Penn, then the airtrain. Or is it easier for me to just have the shared van service which is door to door for $15?

Well I took the airtrain from newark. I think the tickets came to about $33.00 or $34.00 for my fiancee and myself. But I took Carmel back to Newark only becuase we wanted more time in the city and not having taken the NJ tranist from Penn station to Newark we didn't want to waste time trying to figure it out.

On another day I would have taken the cab to Penn Station and hopped on the train to Newark, especially if I knew exactly what to do. Its seamless. I would get annoyed with the shared van since I'm assuming you would have to go around picking other people up.

Well I took the airtrain from newark. I think the tickets came to about $33.00 or $34.00 for my fiancee and myself. But I took Carmel back to Newark only becuase we wanted more time in the city and not having taken the NJ tranist from Penn station to Newark we didn't want to waste time trying to figure it out.

On another day I would have taken the cab to Penn Station and hopped on the train to Newark, especially if I knew exactly what to do. Its seamless. I would get annoyed with the shared van since I'm assuming you would have to go around picking other people up.

I often take the shared van home when I want to be cheap. It's only $15 and since I am downtown I am usually the first to be dropped off. Also, the most crowded the van has been for me is four other people. My issue is with going to the airport - the van wants to pick you up REALLY early so I was wondering if it was worth the hassle of the "train to the plane" with tons of luggage.

That's why I didn't want the hassle of dragging my luggage on the train to the airport. I also didn't want the shared service, because it would have wasted my time in NYC. I heard stories from people who were on the bus 2-3 hours with 10 or so people getting dropped off before them.

Archived