Teen or Preteen placement

jessinphilly

Who are you the judge and executioner? You must be PERFECT!! :p

No, I FOLLOW the rules, and accepted their decision. I was just answering the OP with my situation. This probably doesn't even concern you.. You're just looking for a fight. Look somewhere else!

No you didn't..... and your daughter had to suffer for it. You "lied" about her age. Give me a break......TinaG had it right!

I think that in general the teen age ranges on Princess are a bit too broad, there is a big difference in 13 y.o. & 17 y.o. Last cruise my youngest daughter was 12 and since there weren't any other girls that age in the kids center she wasn't very interested. Later in the cruise she met a lot of my older daughters friends from the teen center and they hung out the pool, that worked out well. In general, I wouldn't want my daughters hanging out with much older teens. All that being said we will cruise in July with my daughters, ages 13 & 15 and their cousins from Denmark a boy 16 and a girl that will be 13 in August, now I personally would think the youngest girl would be better off in the teen center with her brother and her cousins, especially since while she speaks English it not her first language. In any case we will abide by the rules and if they won't let her in the teen center then my daughters will gladly spend time with her elsewhere. It will be fine. I agree, your daughters placement will be determined by the youth staff, but i'm sure she will have great cruise either way. Teri

I understand why they have the rules/guidelines/cut offs - but I really feel individual cases warrant exceptions to the rules.

Especially children travelling with a sibling and being split up or say a older child who is mentally challanged and functions at a younger age, or a child who is extremely mature and should be with the older group.

THere should be a system in place, to make accommodations for cases that are exceptional. Nothing to do with breaking rules, everything to do with making sure every child has the best time possible at the kids clubs.

I understand why they have the rules/guidelines/cut offs - but I really feel individual cases warrant exceptions to the rules.

Especially children travelling with a sibling and being split up or say a older child who is mentally challanged and functions at a younger age, or a child who is extremely mature and should be with the older group.

THere should be a system in place, to make accommodations for cases that are exceptional. Nothing to do with breaking rules, everything to do with making sure every child has the best time possible at the kids clubs.

The problem is that many parents feel their kids are "mature" for their age. Just think of the counselors having to deal with parents such as the one here who intentionally gave the wrong year of birth on paperwork.

My point exactly...despite what all the "know it alls" think.. My daughter asked me to change the date so that she could be with her brother...Like I said, the only difference was that she would have to abide by the 11 p.m curfew vs. the 1 a.m. curfew..which is a given anyway.!!! You are obvioiusly one of the few people who "get it"!!:)

Aside from the falsification of records (I would never change my daughter's birthyear on a form just because she "asked" me too)' date=' there are many reasons the cruiseline goes by birth certificates and passports, including insurance reasons.[/quote']

Yeah, but none of those reasons apply to putting her in the "older group"(she was a month away from 13) aside from the time curfew.. Otherwise, why would they have allowed her to be in the group, just with the earlier curfew.?

Tina G - I laughed when you mentioned Paris Hilton. (I think she is a spoiled brat) The news talking heads are alway talking about her special treatment. She is getting "special" treatment alright. Most people are in jail from one to four days for the same charges she had. Paris got 10 times that. Quack

They probably just made a mistake by letting her stay with the older kids, considering she was still under the age limit (my daughter was a few weeks too young to be in the kids program on one of her cruises, but we understood that there are rules).

Archived