Can you recommend a waiter for our Anytime Dining on the Caribbean Princess?

babs-d

We will be on the Caribbean Princess this August. Our 3rd time in two years! When we sailed last October we had a great wait team of Rommel & Jon in the Palm Dining room. Anybody know if they are still around? If not, was hoping I could get some recommendations for another team.

Jesus (waiter) and Judas -- no kidding, wonder how they got paired up -- are great. They were in the Palm dining room on our 5/27 cruise.

Jesus also was in the crew talent show and is an amazing tenor. Try to get him to sing for you!

Keep in mind that the waitstaff generally have a 6- or 9-month contract and often go to another ship when they sign a new contract. Also, they are often rotated between the dining rooms, including between Anytime and Traditional, so that if you have a waitstaff in one dining room this week, they may be in a completely different dining room next week, or even on a different ship next month. You can always ask for a recommendation but it's unlikely they'll be where the recommender says.

Hey Kendon - we're sailing Aug. 5. Our last two experiences were great but I'm getting a little worried after reading some of the recent reviews. Could it really have changed that much since Oct. of last year?

Jesus (waiter) and Judas -- no kidding, wonder how they got paired up -- are great. They were in the Palm dining room on our 5/27 cruise.

Jesus also was in the crew talent show and is an amazing tenor. Try to get him to sing for you!

It's Jesus and Jeffrey, Jesus is quite a charactor!! He sang a beautiful serenade to my husband (and me) for hubbys bday. He always says

"Trust me," and his recommendations were always right.

We tipped him & Jeffrey extra the last night. He always called me "Your highness"

Typical Jesus joke: Order the veal, you know what they call veal in Chinese?

"young cow"

They both are Philippinos.

You also have to remember that the waitstaff also rotates between dining rooms. So if you find out the 'team' you want is in Dining room A this week, doesn't mean they will be there next week. We had bungalow at Princess Cays last week at had the opportunity to talk to the waiter while he set up lunch for us. He has worked for Princess for 15 years, so I'm sure he knows what he is talking about. Anyway he said they have to rotate because they all want to be in the Island dining room as they get more tips in there. I would also think the work would be a little easier as you have 2 set times for dinner instead of the free for all in the other two dining rooms.

I have to agree that the tenor from the Palm was great. If you are looking for an old time cruise waiter Bernardo in the Palm has a regular following. He used to work for Sitmar before they were bought by Princess in the early 90's. He only works the Palm for dinner and serves the Captain and other Officers breakfast and lunch in their dining area. He has probably worked on the ships for 30 - 40 years. Example: I recognized a dessert on the menu (Swan Chantilly) and said to my husband..."they used to serve these on Sitmar, I forgot all about them" and Bernardo overheard me...next thing I knew there was a plate of swan chantillys sitting in front of me along with the dessert I ordered. He does tend to book up with anytime diners who make reservations and the people pretty much keep the table all night. Ok...he can't sing as well as the other guy though:rolleyes:

Archived